Chapter 7

That night Emerson and I laid in bed together with the door shut and the light off. We were spooning and of course I was the little spoon. Emerson had his arms wrapped around my waist and my hands were over his.

"How crazy would it be if we had sex right now?" Emerson then asked out of the blue. "Babe! No! We're on your parents house." I told him and he laughed at me getting all scared.

"But baaaabe. I want you."

"You're parents right across the hall!"

"At least let me do this." Emerson said sexily and I was confused until he slipped his fingers into my panties. "Emerson!" I gasped when two of his fingers slipped inside me.

Emerson pumped his fingers in and out of me. I gripped the blankets as he worked his magic and I tried not to moan. I don't want to wake his parents up. That's when he slipped another finger in and I moaned quietly. 

Eventually I had to change my underwear as the ones I had on were wet. I laid back down and Emerson held me in his arms.

We woke up early the next day and took showers then got dressed. I helped Stephanie make breakfast and soon after it was served it was gone.

That afternoon we shopped; well Stephanie and I shopped, Charles and Emerson carried our bags. We then went out for lunch and headed back home after that.

Emerson sat on the couch and he pulled me on his lap. Stephanie and Charles sat on the loveseat and we all just watched tv.

"I loooove you." I told Emerson in a sing song voice before poking his cheek. He laughed and lovingly kissed my cheek. "I love you too darling." Emerson replied to me and he wrapped his arms tighter around me. "Mmm I love it when you call me darling." I admitted and Emerson grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it. "Then I have all the more to call you darling then ma chérie." Emerson reasoned and placed a long and sweet kiss on my lips.

I saw Stephanie and Charles smile at us and I kissed Emerson's cheek. "My baby." I said after I wrapped my arms around my boyfriend's neck. "And you're my baby." Emerson said and kissed my forehead, my nose, my cheeks and then my lips.

"Aww Charlss, they're so cute." Stephanie cooed over her son and I. "As long as you treat her right son." Charles told Emerson. "I do dad, she's my world." Emerson said and he nuzzled his face in my neck. "I hope I treat you right too Emerson. If I don't I'm so sorry." I then said to my boyfriend who looked up at me with a smile on his face. "You do darling, don't worry. You're so sweet and kind and funny and you're just so amazing and sexy." Emerson said and my eyes widened he called me sexy in front of his parents.

Oh my god Emerson. Really? Calling me sexy in front of your parents? Damn.

"Sexy? Really?" I questioned him and my voice cracked a bit.

"Hell yeah! You're my sexy lady."

I just shook my head at him. But I was smiling too. Smiling, because I love him.
•••

I sat at a table with my band mates at some local restaurant. "Sorry I was unavailable. I was in Vegas for three days. I got back yesterday". I told my girls and that's when Madi and Emma smiled.

"You met Emerson's parents didn't you?" Madi asked me and I nodded my head slowly.

"How were they?" Emma asked afterwards me I smiled. "They're great and both so kind and welcoming." I answered so when they go with Sebastian or Remington they know what to expect.

"So I'll come right out with it.... I think we should go on hiatus." I told them and I heard a few of them sigh. "Thank god. I wanted to suggest it but I was afraid y'all would say no." Dani said and she seemed relived that I said something.

"I mean, we still need to grieve the loss of Cassie." Zoe told us all and we agreed.

"I don't want to tour or write music right now." Anna added so we were all in agreement, our band was going on a hiatus for a few months.

We released a statement about it and some fans were supportive, most were supportive. There was a few jerks but they'll get over it. We are doing this for ourselves.

•••

The next three weeks I barely saw Emerson. He always said he was busy with the band or was hanging out with his brothers or friends. I was fine with that but we hung out those three weeks and now it was July.  Those times we hung out we had sex but Emerson didn't hang around for a while like he usually does. So time, was an issue for me.

I drove to Emerson's house and banged on banged door his door as I'm gonna confront him. Soon it opened and I stood there with my hands on my hips. Emerson smiled and leaned down to kiss me.

"No." I rejected him and shoved him away.

We went inside and I saw Remington and Sebastian. I took Emerson upstairs and into his room. He just stood there looking confused.

"Darling what's wrong?" Emerson asked me and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Wow, were actually spending time together without fucking. Oh wait, you should probably go down stairs as hanging out with me isn't cool anymore." I sassed and he looked shocked at what I said.

"Baby what the hell are you talking about?" Emerson questioned not realizing it was true.

"We hardly spend any time together anymore and when we do see each other we have sex and you leave!" I told him but he didn't awknkwoledge it.

This was our first fight and it hurt. I didn't want to yell and argue but I kind of have to. This is a fight so we're both defensive.

"That's not true Janie." Emerson of course denied it. "Yes it is!" I told him and he looked hurt but so was I. "Janie I do spend time with you." He said and I shook my head. "I'm just a good fuck now!" I yelled and I left the room then ran down the stairs as I cried.

Emerson grabbed my wrist and spun me around. He placed his lips on me but I back away and I stared at him wide eyed. Then I slapped him.

"Leave me alone! I don't want to speak to you right now!" I yelled at him and I tasted how salty my tears were.

That's when I left and drove home. I laid there on my couch and started sobbing. I love Emerson but right now we aren't in a good place. It happens but right now I need some space.

I texted Emma and told her. To come over. So soon she was over and I told her everything. We were eating ice cream out of the container and binge watching Nicolas Sparks movies.

"Emerson is an asshole. I think you should spend some time apart and think about where you stand akd how you feel." Emma told me and I sighed because she was right.

That's when I noticed we were out of ice cream. I started crying again and I was really confused as to why I was crying over running out of ice cream.

"What's wrong now babes?" Emma asked me and pulled me into a hug. "Just upset still over Emerson." I told her and she looked at me as if she thought it was more than that but she didn't pry.

We finished all my Nicholas Sparks movies and I cried during all of them. We watched a lot of movies and I would sniffle sometimes as o got so emotional over them. I was just so emotional lately. 

"How are you and Remington?" I then decided to ask and her eyes lit up as h being mentioned. "We're great. He's really so amazing and so sweet and kind." Emma said and I smiled that they were doing good. They're really a cute couple to be honest.

We talked a lot and she kinda kept my mind off of Emerson. I still thought about him but I didn't as much as I would've if I was alone.

Emma wound up spending the night. It was so late so she rationalized spending the night was the right thing to do. We slept in my bed and she was out like a light and was dead asleep. I however fell asleep crying as I thought about Emerson.