Chapter 9

I had spent the entire day cleaning the house so Emerson would come home to a clean house. He had been at band practice all day and I think they were writing new music too. I had just gotten out of the shower and now I was cooking dinner.

I guess when Emerson walks in he'll see me in my underwear and one of his t-shirts. I stirred the tomato sauce when I heard the front door open and shut. Then I heard the click of a lock and footsteps and arms wrap around my waist.

"Oooh what're you making for dinner baby girl?" Emerson asked me and I smiled at the cute nickname. "Chicken Parmesan. I found the recipe online and I wanted to try it." I answered and Emerson leaned over to smell it. "It smells really good. I'm happy to come home to my sexy girlfriend cooking dinner." Emerson spoke before kissing my cheek. "Well you should get used to it baby cause I love cooking." I told him and set my spoon down on the counter.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around Emerson's neck. He had on a shirt with holes in it, ripped black jeans and a newsboy hat. He, as per usual, looked pretty God Damn hot.

We soon sat down at the dining table and ate our dinner. "Damn love, this chicken Parmesan is amazing." Emerson told me and I smiled because I was happy he liked my cooking.

"Emerson..."

"What is it baby?"

"My family wants to visit tomorrow. And they want to meet you."

"Baby why do you seem nervous? It's okay. I'd love to meet your family."

So the next day mid afternoon there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it babe." I told Emerson who was about to stand up. "Okay darling." He responded before I went to the main entrance.

I opened up the door and there stood my mom, sister and two brothers. "Janie boo!" Kerry yelled and pulled me into a hug. "Hey Ker bear." I said and hugged my baby sister tightly.

"Hi momma." I then hugged my mom afterwards. "Oh Janie I missed you. I wish you would come back to Michigan." My mom told me and she held me my my shoulders. "Mom, I love you guys but Los Angeles is my home. Emerson is here and I don't want to ever leave him." I told her and she nodded knowing what love is like. "If you feel even remotely the same amount of love for Emerson I feel for your father, then I want you to stay here in L.A." My mom told me and I smiled that she was happy I'm happy.

I led my family to the living room and Emerson turned off the tv before standing up. He then walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You must be Emerson. I'm Janine, Janie's mom." My mom introduced herald to Emerson and they shook hands. "It's lovely to meet the woman who raised my wonderful girlfriend." Emerson said to her and she smiled that we were in such a good relationship.

"Em, these are my brothers Liam and Jack. And my sister Kerry." I told my boyfriend and he shook Liam and Kerry's hands. Emerson tried to shake Jack's hand but he would barely look at Emerson.

"What the fuck is your problem Jack?" I asked my eldest brother and my mom sighed that this was happening. "Nothing Janie. I just don't like you dating somebody who's such a faggot." Jack said and that's when I lost it.

"I'll show you a faggot!" I yelled and I punched Jack in the face.

"Janie punched me! You crazy bitch!" Jack yelled as he held his nose.

That's when I noticed Jack had a bloody nose and my knuckles were busted and bleeding. Well, he deserved it. I didn't but I had to defend my boyfriend.

"You need to calm down man." Liam told Jack who rolled his eyes.

"I won't have you treat Emerson that way in his own house." I said to Jack and I felt Emerson place his hand on my back. "It's okay darling, he can say what he wants. Doesn't mean it's true." Emerson told me and I nodded my head trying to accept that fact. I just want to protect my boyfriend and make sure nobody speaks bad of him.