Chapter 12

Fast forward to Christmas and we had just opened up our presents. Of course Emerson bought more extra as it was also my birthday. It's weird being born on Christmas. Nobody really remembers my birthday and I don't usually get double presents.

I was five months pregnant and my belly was huge. We had just welcomed our family here and they were obsessed with my growing belly.

"So you're going to get even bigger?" My sister Kerry asked and I rolled my eyes. "I'm only five months. The babies need to grow more." I told her and she did a double take not knowing it was twins I guess. "Babies? As in plural?" Kerry questioned and my brothers looked shocked too. My mom however looked pretty guilty.

See I told my whole family I was pregnant. But when I found out it was twins I told my mom expecting her to tell my siblings. I'm guessing she didn't tell them because they looked damn shocked. Emerson's family however looked pretty awkward and I felt bad for them.

"Mom, I thought you told them." I whined and she shook her head as she didn't tell them. Allie and Charlie looked between me and my mom and I was glad they knew. "I thought you would tell them." My mom said and she gave me a look like she expected more from me.

"Well I'm pregnant and it's two girls. We plan to name them Alice and Fiona." I told my siblings and Kerry flipped out when I said it was girls.

"Sorry you'll be living with all women." Liam joked and my mouth dropped in shock. "I don't mind. I'm actually really happy." Emerson told my brother and I smiled that he took up for his family.

We ate dinner together and your girl cooked for that too. "This food is so good Janie." Allie complimented me and I smiled that she liked it. "Thank you so much." I replied and looked at my mom. "I always had the girls in the kitchen. They helped me cook everything and anything." My mom told Allie who smiled at my family.

I smiled and rubbed my stomach feeling the girls move around. I then grabbed Emerson's hand and placed it on my belly. He looked at me but once he felt a kick under his hand he smiled.

"I love my three girls." Emerson said and he placed a loving kiss on my lips. "We love you too." I said and my voice cracked as I was getting all emotional.

"Janie are you okay?" Jack asked me and I nodded my head but tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"I'm okay. My hormones are just off balance." I barely made our through my tears and Emerson hugged me.

My family and Emerson's family all seemed to smile at the new little family. Me, Emerson and the twins lounging around in my belly. Or really uterus but we won't go into sex ed.

"I really can't wait until you have the twins." Remington told me and I smiled that he was so invested in the girls. "Well in about four months they'll be here and you can baby sit anytime you want." I told Remington who seemed really happy with what I said.

"You trust him with the babies?" Emerson asked me sounding surprised. "Of course. Remy is responsible and he's been excited about this since we told him." I told my lovely boyfriend who was happy I like his family.

Later in the day I needed air so I went to the back deck and leaned against the railing. I sighed thinking about everything that's happened in the past few months. It's been crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I miss Cassie everyday but I'm hopeful she's at peace wherever she is. My sister Lilah and my dad are hopefully at peace too. I lost a few people close to me but I still love them so much.

"Are you okay?" I heard somebody ask so I turned around to see Sebastian. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just... I'm not okay." I said and then I bursted into tears once again. But these weren't happy tears like earlier.