Chapter 1

Arias POV

There wasn't much of a Montgomery thanksgiving dinner after the police ruled Mona's death a homocide. Everyone just talked about how tragic her death was, how young she was, and where they think her body might be.

Ezra and I sat on the couch in my living room. I curled up in a ball and rested against him, and he rubbed my back.

It feels so wrong not being with the girls after something like this. Mona was not only our major source for information, but in these past couple months, she was becoming our friend.

I buried my head into Ezras shoulder as tears threatened to spill from my eyes. My relatives came over to say a couple things like "don't worry you're safe here" and "I'm sure she was a lovely girl", but that's not what I needed to hear. I needed to hear this was all a dream. Not only will I miss Mona's intelligence and computer hacking skills, but I'll miss her caring and determined personality aswell.

"Shhh... it's all going to be okay" Ezra whispered. I gripped his arm.

My mom came over and sat beside me on the couch, "Aria, I change my mind. You can go see your friends, this dinner isn't going to happen like we thought it would.".

"Thank you mom!" I said, standing up and quickly walking to the door, Ezra following behind me.

She turned her head to Ezra "and thank you for baking that pie, it looks delicious, and we will have you over another time for dinner and pie" she smiled.

"Thank you for having me Ella" Ezra said.

"Our pleasure, sorry you didn't get much of a dinner" she said, her mood noticeably sinking.

We exchanged quick goodbyes with all my relatives, and hurried out to Ezra's car.

"What now? Won't all your friends be having dinner with their families?" Ezra asked.

"I'll call Hanna, her mom is most likely to let us see each other" I said, reaching into my bag to grab my phone.

"You know Aria, if that doesn't work out, we could always go to my apartment" Ezra added as he put his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled at him, "Hanna hey! Do you want to meet up? If feels weird being away from you guys after Mona"