Chapter 12

Hanna's POV
Aria walked along the sidewalk, peeking in store windows, sipping our coffees, and feeling the morning sunlight on our cheeks.

"How are you and Caleb?" Aria asked.
I smiled "wonderful! How are you and Ezra?".

"Fabulous" she responded.
We both blushed and giggled. "I feel so bad for Spencer" I mentioned.

"I'm so glad we went to see her yesterday, and I'm happy her and Toby got to spend some time together." Aria said.

"I haven't gotten an -A text since Mona" I said.

"Me either" Aria said "and it's been two weeks".

I nodded slowly, not believing.

I checked the time on my phone, "what time is it?" Aria asked.

"Ten-twenty-four" I answered.

"You should go now, me and the other girls will be in the car outside" Aria said.

"Okay, bye!" I said.

"Call us if you find anything!" Aria yelled, climbing into her car to pick up the other girls. I nodded back.

I got into my car and drove to Mona's house. The house wasn't done being investigated as soon as Mrs Vanderwaal thought it would be, but at least we can find out at least some of what she knew. I pulled in the driveway and looked at the street, the girls weren't here yet. I took a deep breath.

I had been to this house a million times before, but today was so different. It's just another day, I told myself.

"Hanna!" Mona's mom said.

"Hi Mrs Vanderwaal" I responded, "thank you for letting me do this".

"Oh don't mention it, you two were very close" she said.

I nodded. Leona led me up to Mona's room, even though I new where it was.

"I'll leave you here, I'm downstairs if you need me" Mona's mom said.

"Thank you" I said.

I checked out the window, Arias car was parked at the curb. I looked around the room.

"What first?" I asked myself.

I went through her desk drawers, her dresser, I checked under her bed, behind the pictures on her wall, behind her headboard, nothing. I knew Mona had to keep her stuff well hidden, but I really have no idea where to look.

I looked up her bookshelf, and there was a doll on the top shelf. There was something creepy about one of it's eyes. I took it down and looked in the eye. It was a camera.