Final Chapter 13

DISCLAIMER!!! 

I am sorry to say that I will not be writing anymore to this story after this chapter. I am going to tell you this now. Its going to be a short, shitty chapter to quickly wrap things up. If you are going to get upset or mad at me DO NOT read any further. This is fan FICTION. It is not real. So please if you think you will have an issue then just exit this now. Sorry for any of you holding out for me but I just don't have the time, motivation or inspiration for this anymore. The writers have successfully destroyed Chicago Med for me and I have decided to spend no more of my time on it. Supporting a show I do not like anymore is not something I plan on doing.

Much love x

*** 2 Months Later ***

Connor and Ava were working a morning shift in the ED. It had been snowing overnight and they had been busy up until now. Connor walked over to Ava when he saw she was now also free. They had decided to get coffee and discuss the next steps in their relationship. 

A: You ready?

C: Yeah, lets go. 

A: Okay dokes.

As they walked out through the double doors, a familiar face walked towards them. It was Robin. She had returned to work at Med a month back when her mother's cancer returned and she needed to be in Chicago for a clinical trial that was happening. 

R: Hey are you guys going to get lunch?

A: Oh just a coffee. Its hell downstairs.

R: Oh okay.

A: You are welcome to join us.

R: Are you sure?

A: Yes, of course.

Connor shot Ava a confused look before walking off ahead of the girls to the cafe. 

As Connor walked slowly just ahead of them Robin turned to face Ava, linking her arm together with Ava's. 

R: Are you two ever going to fix things?

A: I don't know. I think things between us are about as fixed as they are going to get. We are in a good place now. We are friends. It's not awkward, we can actually work together civilly now. Nothings as tense as it was before. Sleeping with someone always complicates things. However, if you wanna try and fix things feel free to try. I haven't got it in me to do it all over again.

R: I had no idea you felt that way. I don't think he feels that way either.

A: Oh he does. He has got tinder back. 

R: How do you know?

A: Because I got it back too. We have moved on. Its over. That's what today's coffee was about.

R: Why on earth did you ask me to come??? I can go. Let you talk.

A: No!!! I don't want to talk. I want to leave everything as it is right now. I am happy. So is he. So is Sophia. And this is the best it has ever been. Him and I can make medical MAGIC together. That's what I want. Our careers have never been in a more pivotal place.

R: I'm still not convinced. He gave you a very strange look when you asked me to join you.

A: I know. It's just the thought of me and you hanging out that scares him. He told me. 

R: Oh. that's funny. Poor guy.

A: Oh boohoo the poor boy it must be rough.

R: Sarcasm?

A: Oh yeah. Anyway, I didn't take you as our biggest supporter!

R: Oh I will always love Connor. He is the best guy and a true gentleman, but I am IN LOVE with someone else. 

A: Does he know? 

R: No. But he will soon because it's Casey. 

A: Casey? The fire captain?

R: Yeah I met him in Molly's the night I arrived back in Chicago and there he was. I went in there to hopefully catch up with some old friends and ended up leaving with a date.

A: Oh congratulations! 

R: Thank you! I am very excited about it too. It's all so new. I am dreading telling dad though.

A: Yeah glad I don't have that problem. By now my family would have had me committed aha.

R: Oh I forgot to ask... Did you swipe right or left?

A: What?

R: On Connor? 

A: Oh. Left. Like I said, It's over. Besides I wouldn't want him to know i was back on the dating sites and apps.

R: You do realize he could have already seen you??

A: He already knew I had tinder before we got together the first time. I just removed the app when we did, not my whole account. 

R: Oh burn, you didn't delete the account! Never let him hear that. His ego would never recover.

A: Oh I know. The big baby.

By this point they had arrived at the cart 2 minutes after Connor who had already ordered for everyone. The barista behind the counter handed him a tray with the cups in it. He walked over to where they were still chatting. They fell silent as soon as he got close.

C: What?

R: Oh nothing.

A: Nothing at all.

They both laughed and went to grab a coffee cup from the two remaining in the tray he was holding out.

A: Which is mine?

C: It doesn't matter. You two both drink your coffee exactly the same. I never noticed before. 

Robin turned to look at Ava who was already looking at her. They each took a cup and then clinked the cups together. 

A: I guess that means we are both awesome. 

R: Unlike Mr Vanilla Latte over here. 

A: Maybe you should say Miss Vanilla Latte.

R: You are totally right. 

They both turned to look at Connor who had now gone bright red and had a thoroughly unimpressed look on his face. 

C: I never liked either of you that much anyway.

A: Oh well, I beg to differ. You seemed to like me a lot that time in the scrub room.

R: Yes I was just about to say I distinctively remember you being rather fond of me as well that time on the kitchen table...

Connors face had progressed to a shade of red that was almost blinding. Ava laughed before patting him on the shoulder. 

A: Lets go Tomato, we have a lot of work to do. 

C: Oh no. Don't call me that.

R: I quite like it.

A: Me too. Imma keep it. 

"Bye Ava, Bye Tomato" Said Robin before she headed back to her office. 

C: I blame you for this. 

A: I have no clue what you are talking bout. She said before heading back through the doors of the ED, letting them slam shut on Connor as he walked through.