firsts and worsts

requested by @prettywaybaby
sorry this took so long!!

i looked at her small face. perfect. every last detail. her skin was so soft. her lips were so small. her hands could barely wrap around my finger. Akiya Cora Kuwonu. i loved this little girl. i can't believe she'll be one in a week. shit, time flys.

just as i finished changing her diaper my husband Caleb walked in. "hey Z" i said paying no attention to him.
"hello my beautiful amazing sexy wife." he said kissing my and handing my some flowers.
"Z, you know it's Akiya's birthday. i don't need these."
"why can't both my babies be happy? the queen and the princess." he said handing a single rose to Akiya. she gripped it with her small fragile hands.
"dah dah" she said smiling.
"yep dada." he said rubbing his nose against her cheek. "i love you so much i can't believe my babies almost one years old!"

one week later

"happy birthday day to you. happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear akiya. happy birthday to you!"
"YAYYYY MY BABIES 1!" Zion said lifting Akiya high in the air. everything was perfect, well, until he showed up.
"hey guys what did i miss" my best friend, parker said as he walked in the door.

"hey park

"hey park. we just sang she's about to open presents."
"oh yay so i'm right on time" he said grinning and giving me his present.
"ok i guess we're opening Parker's first." i said laughing and smiling at him. i pulled out a card followed by a barbie play set.
"ohhh Akiya i bet you'll love this!! let's read the card. happy birthday princess to my beautiful baby girl Akiya from your other daddy."
"other daddy?" said zion putting Akiya down to play with her toys.
"yea bro. Aliyah ever tell you who took care of Akiya when you weren't around? guess not huh?"
"parker what are you doing-"
"telling the truth Aliyah. Akiya is my little girl too."
"the fuck she is bro" Zion said coming closer.
"zion stop!" i yelled.
"Stop?!? are you fucking kidding me Aliyah?! so your taking this dick heads side over mine?"
he said eyeing me.
"what?! no of course not. you need to calm the fuck down Akiya looks up to you!"
"yea and apparently him" he said looking at parker.
"don't blame me just because your not around for your own daughter dude." parker said sizing up to Zion.
"OK STOP! zion, when you were gone parker helped me around the house and with Akiya, nothing more. i thought you knew since you guys were close. and parker, i told you zion was on tour. he works to support this family you shit head. yes i appreciate you helping me around the house but Akiya is zions little girl. he works to help her and he loves her so much. i cannot believe you would come in here like this. i think you should leave, now."
"man whatever. bye bye Akiya, i'll see you soon." he said waving at her and leaving. zion came up to hug me.
"i'm so sorry baby." he said holding me.
"it's okay z he's a dick. and he will not be seeing Akiya anytime soon."
"thank god."