Chapter 6~ Somebody That I Used To Know

ALOHA!!! SO, I’M LATE, AGAIN, BUT IT’S OK, BECAUSE I WORKED EXTRA HARD ON THIS CHAPTER!!!! YAY!!!!

SO, THE SONG FOR THIS WEEK IS “SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW” BY GOTYE. BUT, I USED THE COVER BY BOYCE AVENUE. YOU’LL FIGURE IT OUT IN A MINUTE.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

            Tonight was the first concert of the tour, and I’m freakin’ nervous. This will be the first time I see Josh after the breakup, after he thought I had left. But I’m still here.

            I was standing outside the door to the venue, the band, dancers, and crew already inside, getting ready for the sound check. I’m standing right in the middle of the boys, Harry on my right, Zayn standing next to him. Liam on my left, Louis standing next to him, Niall on the end with his quitar. I was dressed in my new Fresh-Tops top, with all the boys nicknames on it. It was pink, blue, and yellow tie-dye, and it was cropped. I had had it secretly delivered it to me, and when the boys saw it in the mail, they forced me to wear it tonight. I was also wearing jeans with a brown leather belt, and some brown lace-up high-heeled boots. I was nervous, but with the boys, I felt good.

            I pushed open the doors, light streaming in. I could see Josh pick his head up, along with everyone, else, looking our way. Perfect.

            It was time to show Josh that I was here to stay. That I was over him. It was time to show him me.

            Niall began strumming the first few chords of Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye, only a slower version I found by a band called Boyce Avenue. I had fallen in love with it the second I heard it, and had then come up with this plan.

            We kept walking, Niall playing the chords, until we were up the stairs and on the stage. Everyone still had their heads turned to me, especially Josh.

~START PLAYING SONG ON THE SIDE NOW!!~

            I started singing, the boys singing backup behind me.

Now and then I think of when we were together,

Like when you said you felt so happy you could die.

I told myself that you were right for me,

But felt so lonely in your company.

But that was love and it’s an ache I still remember.

You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness,

Like resignation to the end, always the end.

So when we found that we could not make sense,

Well you said that we could still be friends,

But I’ll admit that I was glad that it was over.

The boys joined in at this part.

But you didn’t have to cut me off,

Make out like it had never happened and we were nothing.

And I don’t even need your love,

But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough.

No you didn’t have to stoop so low,

Have your friends collect your records and then change your number.

Guess what,

I don’t need that though,

Now your just somebody that I used to know.

It was Harry’s turn. I had asked him to sing the other main part, because he had been there for me when Josh wasn’t.

Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over,

Making me believe that it was always something that I’d done.

But I don’t want to live that way,

Reading in to every word you say,

You said that you could let it go,

And I wouldn’t catch you hung up with somebody that I used to know.

Harry and I sang together at this part.

But you didn’t have to cut me off,

Make out like it never happened at that we were nothing

And I don’t even need your love,

But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough.

No you didn’t have to stoop so low,

Have your friends collect your records and then change your number,

Guess what, I don’t need that though,

Now your just somebody that I used to know.

Niall played the final chords, and the song ended.

“ That song is dedicated to my ex boyfriend, Josh Devine. Now your just somebody that I used to know.”

Josh stormed off.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK?? I TRIED EXTRA HARD ON THIS CHAPTER, IT TOOK ME AT LEAST AN HOUR TO FIGURE OUT THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THIS!!

Vote, comment, and fan!!

Mama Squishy,

Al XOXO