~FLASHBACK CHAPTER~

OK GUYS, I WAS REALLY BORED, SO I DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING EXTRA SPECIAL! A FLASHBACK CHAPTER! WOO! IT'S ABOUT HARRY AND KENZIE'S FIRST PROM IN HIGH SCHOOL, BUT YOU'LL SEE ONCE YOU READ IT!!

~~ ~~ ~~

PROM, HOLMES CHAPEL COMPREHENSIVE HIGH, 2009

Kenzie's POV

    I'm freaking out. Prom is about to start. I don't know what to do. I wanted to go with Harry, but he's going with, ugh, Regina. Not Regina George, but they sure as hell could be twins. With her bleach blonde hair and skanky outfits, Regina was the sluttiest slut I had ever met. The self proclaimed "Head Bitch" was a senior, and Harry and I were only sophmores. I don't know how Harry scored that one.

We had planned to go together, until I got the text that said he was going with Regina. It was funny, it felt like I had just gone through a breakup.

Well, it's time to go. Guess I was going alone.

I left without a final word to my parents. They were arguing, again. Of course, on this special night, they had to be arguing. Oh well.

I walked down our front driveway to my car, a white Jeep Wrangler. I hopped in the front seat and put the keys in to ignition. The car roared to life, along with the radio. Taylor Swift's "Haunted" was playing. I loved this song.

~~ ~~ ~~

I arrived at the prom normal time. It was so pretty. It was a royalty theme, as the king and queen would be announced tonight. Everything was a deep purple, gold, and cream. I loved it. I looked around the room, searching for people I knew to hang out with since Harry ditched me, but all I could see were couples, couples, and more couples. I saw a few people I knew with their dates, like Tammy, my lab partner, or Steph, one of my other friends.

It didn't matter though. As I searched all the faces, I realized I was only working for one. His.

And there he is, instantly drawing a crowd the second he shows off that dazzling smile of his. And his date, with her glowing skin and skinny figure. They looked like the ultimate couple.

I could never live up to that.

Harry looked dashing in a cream colored tux and a navy blue bowtie that I helped him picked out. It matched my outfit. Don't even get me started on how hard it was to find a cream colored tux. And now we weren't even going together. I can't believe he actually wore it, considering how much they looked alike.

I guess I should probably explain what I look like. I'm wearing a cream colored strapless dress with silver designs. It's floor length, with ruffles down the side of half of it, gradually getting bigger until it finally over takes the whole dress at the bottom. The silver is accenting the ruffles. *My description kinda sucks, but the picture's on the side so you can get a better idea of what it looks like!*

Harry picked it out. I picked out his tux, so he got to pick out my dress, both of us agreeing to stay in the creme color. We agreed to not try them on, and put them on for the first time the night of prom. And I was so pleased of the dress he picked out. Knowing Harry, he probably would've picked out the skimpiest dress in the whole store if it wasn't for me. And I'm glad.

SLowly but surely, Harry and Regina made their way out of the crowd. This was the first time I got to see Regina's dress.

It was awful. It was neon pink, strapless, showing off ample cleavage, and went about two inches above her mid thigh. It had sequins covering the whole bottom of the dress, and the back was completely sheer down to the lower back. She looked like a prostitute.

And they were coming this way.

Oh no.

"Hey Kenzie." Said Harry, with Georgina literally hanging from his arm.

"Hey."

"Hey babe, can you go grab us some punch?" Harry asked Georgina.

'Sure. I'm going to go say hi to a few peopel afterward. Stay hunky." She says with a wink, and I shudder.

Harry turns back to me.

"Look, I'm not gonna apologize for anything. I wanted to go with Georgina, and you knew that. I know you probably want me to be all sorry and that stuff, but I'm not. But I am sorry for one thing-"

"HELLO STUDENTS! ARE YOU HAVING FUN TONIGHT? WELL, IT IS NOW TIME FOR ME TO ANNOUNCE THE NOMINEES FOR PROM KING AND QUEEN!"

The crowd bursts in to cheers, when I feel like I'm about to cry.

"ALRIGHT! THE NOMINEES FOR PROM QUEEN ARE,  REGINA ROSE, MARCY SIMMONS, AND BECKY HEART!"

" AND FOR THE KING, WE HAVE MARTY BECCOM, STEVEN KING, AND HARRY STYLES! THE BALLOTS ARE NOW OPEN, SO BE SURE TO CAST YOUR VOTE!"

And with that, Harry walked off.

~~ ~~ ~~

The night went smoothly, I guess. I danced with my friends and their dates, had chips and punch, and Harry ignored me.

And then, at the stroke of 10, it was time to announce the King and Queen.

Everyone crowded around the stage, eager to see who would win. I didn't vote, so I don't know. All the nominees were on stage, the beloved king and queen's crowns sitting in the middle of the stage, with our headmaster standing with a microphone in the front.

"Ok, it's time to announce this year's king and queen!"

Cheers from the crowd, but none from me. I knew what was coming.

"For king, we have, drumroll please, our first ever sophmore king, Harry Styles!"

Cheers as Harry goes up to accept his crown.

"And for queen, we have Regina Rose!"

Screams. That's all I could heare.

Then everyone quieted down to hear their acceptance speaches.

"Wow, thank you so much. To be the first sophmore is great. But, I want to say one thing. Something that is very important for me to say. Regina, I love you."

That was it.

That was all I could take for one night.

I ran.

Away from school, away from everyone, away from everything.

I could only hear one thing. The song that was playing for their first dance.

Haunted, by Taylor Swift.

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out. Something's gone terribly wrong, you're all I wanted.

Something's made your eyes go cold.

~~ ~~ ~~

ALRIGHTY! WHAT DID EVERYONE THINK? THAT EXPLAINS A LOT, DOESN'T IT? I REALLY LIKED THE SONG AT THE END. DOES EVERYONE GET WHY I PUT THIS HERE? WELL, IF YOU DON'T, I'LL EXPLAIN. THIS RELATES TO THE SITUATION IMMENSELY. THE PART WHERE SHE RUNS, LIEK IN THE BEGINNING OF THE BOOK, AND ALSO HOW HARRY WINS THE AWARD REMINDS HER OF THIS MOMENT. OKAY, YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO HEAR ME RAMBLE ON ABOUT THIS.

Vote, comment, and fan!

Kiss Kiss,

Al