Chapter 10~ Winners Never Lose, and Losers Never Win

SUP MAH PEEPS. ALRIGHTY, LET’S DO THIS POO.

THIS IS KIND OF LIKE PART 2 OF CHAPTER 9, BUT IT WILL BE CALLED CHAPTER 10. I DIDN’T REALLY GET TO FINISH THE CHAPTER, BUT WHERE I ENDED IT FELT SO PERFECT, SO I HAD TO.

THE SONG THIS WEEK IS BEAUTIFUL BY JUSTIN BIEBER FEAT. CARLY RAE JEPSEN. NOTHING REALLY SPECIAL ABOUT IT, EXCEPT IT KIND OF RELATES TO THE STORY. I JUST LIKE THE SONG.

KK, THE PIC IS OF THE VENUE, AS I DIDN’T GET TO SHARE IT LAST TIME, SINCE I WANTED TO SHOW KENZIE’S DRESS.

~~ ~~ ~~

We danced the rest of the night. It was mostly fast songs, so it was a really fun time. All the boys came to join us on the dance floor, Louis teaching me how to do his signature dance moves. Hey, the pat the dog, screw the light bulb is harder than it looks.

Then it was time for the dinner and awards. For a while, the boys seemed to forget about the competition. I liked it that way. I latched my arm through Harry’s as we started walking back to our table. I could feel him stiffen through his jacket.

Everyone settled down, which took a while. With these boys, something always had to go wrong. Louis bumped in to Niall on the way back to his seat, pushing him forward, causing him to trip and fall smack on his face. Well, that got a good laugh from everyone.

When we, finally, were all seated, they started to serve dinner. Everyone was either on their phones or talking to the person next to them. So, obviously, Harry and I were talking. Nonsense, mostly. But then, Louis interrupted us.

“So, what did you guys think of my surprise?”

“Huh?” We both said.

“My song choice.”

“Louis, how did you know about that?”

“Well, I was going through your iPod, and that song caught my attention. You had it under the playlist ‘Kenzie’s Mix,’ so obviously I had to spy, and that was also your most played song, so I thought it was a safe bet it meant something to you, so I called up mah peeps at Syco and told them to add a little ‘special song’ to the list.” He said, with the biggest smirk written across his face the entire time.

“Well.” Is all I said.

Harry looked absolutely shocked. By now, everyone else at the table had started to listen in on our conversation. Some making it completely obvious, cough cough, Niall, cough cough, and others trying to make it more subtle. Anyways, you could tell they were eavesdropping.

“Le-“

“Alright, who’s ready for the awards?!?!” Harry was so rudely interrupted by the man coming over the loudspeaker.

~~ ~~ ~~

“And now it is time for the award you have all been waiting for, The Artist of the Year Award!”

One Direction had one 2 out of the 12 award that had been given out. One for Band of the Year, and the other one for Best Newcomers. They were pretty nervous about those, but nothing could compare to the nerves in the room right now. They were radiating off the walls.

Harry reached for my hand, which was resting in my lap. Well, there are those butterflies. I think they’ve made a permanent camp in my stomach.

“And the winner is, Harry Styles!”

~~ ~~ ~~

Everything after that seemed to go in slow motion.

The applause of the crowd, the faces that fell of crushed dreams, and the excitement from Harry as he jumped out of his seat. He let go of my hand, but I was too stunned to notice.

I mean, obviously I was excited for Harry, but as I looked around the room, and even at my own table, I could just feel the disappointment radiating from them. I bet each and every one of them thought they were going to win.

I plastered a smile on my face, but not after sending a look of sorrow to each one of the boys. They tried to send a reassuring smile back, but failed miserably.

Harry had gone up to accept his award, and I tuned in just in time to hear him start his speech.

“Wow, um, I don’t even know what to say, because I sure wasn’t expecting this. I want to thank everyone at Syco, especially Uncle Si, for making this happen. I want to especially thank my band, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Liam, I couldn’t have done this without you guys. I also want to thank Ms. Kenzie Young. She’s here in the crowd, and all you guys who haven’t met her yet, I think you should. She’s a wonderful girl, and my inspiration. Thank you once again!”

~~ ~~ ~~

FINALLY FINISHED!! SORRY IT’S BEEN FOORRREEEVVVEEERRRR GUYS, I JUST FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE TRIP MY FAMILY WAS TAKING. WE WERE VISITING LONDON, YAY!! I LIVE IN NORTH YORKSHIRE IN THIS TEENY, WEENY TOWN OF WHITBY, SO IT WAS NICE TO SEE A CITY.

ANYWAYS, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

XOXO,

Mama Squishy