Hold me tighter

JDs POV

The next day was calm and quiet, Dr.Smith came in a few times for therapy, and a few other nurses came in to check my leg while, Veronica was in the bathroom.

"When would you like to try walking?" The blond haired nurse asked, she was young and seemed new at her job. "We'll give you some pain meds before you start." I nodded, my leg did hurt, but I guess that's to be expected. However, I did want to walk again.
The nurse stepped out of the room as Veronica emerged from the bathroom, the sound of the toilet flushing echoing from the bathroom. "What did she say?" She asked sitting on the bed near my feet, and looking out the window, it was around seven at night and the sun was setting, painting pretty colors of pink and orange throughout the sky. "They're putting me on more meds" I chuckled, I had already been put on an Antipsychotic, Antidepressant, and Xanax. And as annoying as it was to take the meds, something felt different. I wouldn't be able to explain but it was a calmer feeling, I felt more in control of myself and that itself was a different feeling.
"What are they giving you now?" Veronica asked, laying completely over my feet and now staring at the ceiling. "Pain meds, so I can walk!" I remarked happily. She sat up, "good," she smiled crawling up the bed closer to my face, softly kissing me. Which then turned into a passionate and intense kiss. I wrapped my hands around her waist and she wrapped here's around my neck. After a few minutes she pulled away and the nurse walked in, with an awkward expression on her face.
"I-I have y-your pills." She shook obviously feeling embarrassed. "Your normal pills and your new new pain medication." The nurse placed the four pills in my hand and a glass of water in the other, which I used to ingest the pills.
"So are you ready to walk again?" Asked Veronica excitedly. "Sure am" I said sitting up, taking Veronica's hand who helped me out of the bed. Surprisingly, standing wasn't as hard as I assumed it would. Veronica and I walked out of the hospital room hand in hand.
"Are you sure your okay?" Veronica worried, asking the same question for the seventeenth time, as we had walked around the hospital floor a few times and had come back to the room."I'm okay, I promise." I reassured, kissing her forehead. Her face fell and looked down, "what's wrong?" I asked, twirling bits of Veronica's hair with my fingers. " I have to go home." She sighed, " I need to go back to school tomorrow, but I'll be back here as soon as I can." I could see tears forming in the beautiful girls eyes. "It's okay." I told her, doing my best to hide the fact that I was trembling myself. "I'll see you Tomorrow."
Veronica walked out the hospital room, and I felt a single tear fell down from my face. I knew she would be back, but the thought of being alone for what would seem like forever scared the hell out of me. Without her I literally lose my mind. I felt bad she had to go back there l. Yes I know, attempting to blow up the school probably wasn't the best idea, but I didn't want Veronica to have to suffer with all those assholes. I wanted to protect her. And now she had to go there alone. And with that thought, I sobbed into my pillow until I fell asleep.

Hey guys, I know this is super short but Im sick, and I'm going on a trip with my school so I have to pack. I promise my next few chapters will be longer, however I'm thinking about putting the rest of the story if not the next few chapters into third person POV, Just wanted to let you guys know. For my school trip, the bus ride is about six hours long so I'll probably write a lot on the bus.