chapter 13

Cinderella along with some fair men came to help the new man out. Something about him seemed familiar, but no one really recognized him. Not even Cinderella, and she knew everyone. 

"You poor man." Cinderella cooed, helping him out.

"I'm hu-" the man sputtered from the bucket, nearly suffocating him. Luckily he hadn't drowned.

"Oh, Sir Hugh, is it?" the Grand Duke took the bucket. He then shook the stranger's hand. "Well then, pleased to know you."

"Knows to please you too!" the man said, shaking his hand.

"Something about you seems familiar..." Cherry looked at the man long nad hard. He had a flock of brown hair with rich colored clothes of warm colors such as red and orange. He even had buck teeth, like a mouse. Cherry thought again after that mouse teeth observation.

"Are you alright, Sir Hugh?" Cinderella asked.

"Y-Yes, yes." Hugh said nervously.

"Hugh, huh?" the Grand Duke wondered about him too. "Would that be Belgian?"

"What? Uh, no, no!" Hugh shook his head.

"No, no, of course not, no accent."

"I'm so sorry about the mess." Cinderella apologized more.

Cherry handed him a cloth and looked at him closer. He was kind of cute though. "Here, we'll help you." she said, sheepishly.

"No, no, that's why I'm here!" Hugh stood straight up. "That's why I'm here, to help you!"

"The committee must've sent him." Cherry suspected.

"Oh, you're here to help for the Spring Festival." Cinderella added.

"You're Dutch!" the Grand Duke exclaimed.

"No! I mean, yes! But, I'm here to-" Hugh was then cut off from his explanation.

The clock chimed loudly to alert everyone.

"Late, your Highness," The Grand Duke told Cinderella. "It is late. We're expected back at the palace."

"Shall we ride together?" Cinderella offered.

"Ride?" Hugh gulped. "On horses?"

"Cherry, why don't you walk back? We'll be faster on horses." Cinderella suggested.

"I don't mind a ride." Cherry put her hand in Hugh's hand, blushing like a nervous school girl.

Later, the group got on their horses. Cherry and Hugh screamed once they were on their horse. He seemed to have hated them for some reason as he was speeding along and crashing them against a peach blossom tree. 

"Sir Hugh, have you ridden before?" Cinderella asked as she was on a delicate horse.

Cherry and Hugh screamed once they crashed. The horse then settled down and munched on some grass. He then took them back to Cinderella and her horse as the two were a mess with blossoms all around. Cherry's glasses were even crooked on her face. 

"Oh, there you are," Cinderella took the flowers. "Oh, peach blossoms. Aren't you sweet? They're beautiful, thank you."

Cherry sniffled from the blossoms and sneezed about twenty times at once. "I hate spring..." she mumbled.

The group then got inside. Cherry looked more miserable than she did that morning, but she straightened herself out. Once they came in with the peach blossom bouquet, the Grand Duke approached Cinderella. He had a list in his hands. "Ah, your Highness, there you are. The tailor is in absolute dither, the cook is having a crisis, the animal trainer is flummoxed, and they're all asking for you."