chapter 14

Much later after the spring festival, Cinderella decided to have a ball. Despite Cherry and Atticus' protests against inviting them, Cinderella thought it would be good if Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella would be able to come to the party. They deserve a second chance despite all the crap they put them all through. Tomorrow night would be the big day, and Cinderella had to go into town with her friends for a few things, but they all wore their peasant's, commoner clothes so they could go into town without being harassed or recognized for their new social statuses. As they stepped outside with their food baskets, the blue birds suddenly chirped by and Jaq and his gang came and saw them instantly.

"Morning Cinderelly, Cherry, and Atty!" Jaq greeted, then tilted his head. "Why you dressed like that?"

"We're going to the market in disguise so no one will recognize us," Cinderella replied in a hushed tone. "I want to surprise the prince with a garland of flowers."

"And we're going to pick up some food for tomorrow's ball." Cherry added.

"You're welcome to join us." Atticus stated.

The mice smiled and climbed into Cinderella's basket to go into town with. The birds chirped and followed the group into town. There was a big buzz, probably because of tomorrow's party. There were even flower vendors giving around flower garlands. They were beautiful flowers in the shape of hearts to give to one's true love desire. The group then stopped as they saw Anastasia being pulled of a bakery by her sister and mother and there was a baker eying her. 

"He's got that look," Cinderella smiled. "I know that look!"

"Seasick?" Jaq joked, making the others laugh.

"Oh, very funny," Cinderella glared at them, then smiled. "I think they're in love."

"Anastasia in love? Now that's a story!" Cherry said.

"She's right, Cinderelly, that's crazy!" Jaq agreed.

"Anyone can fall in love." Cinderella defended.

"Anyone but Anastasia," Atticus said. 

"Maybe she just needs help." Cinderella shrugged.

"Yeah, lots of help." Jaq said.

"Well, I had lots of help too, remember?" Cinderella asked as the blue birds flew by.

The blue birds tweeted in response.

"We have to figure out how to get them back together again." Cinderella paused to think up a love catching plan.

"How about the town square?" Atticus suggested.

"Good idea, Atticus," Cinderella smiled at him. "We'll get them together at the town square, and here's how we'll do it." The group got into a huddle and whispered their plan together to catch Anastasia her new man.

After the plan, Gus was laughing at the idea.

"That's right, Gus, they'll never knew what hit 'em!" Cinderella told him.

After the discussion, the plan went to full circle. A while later, Jaq and the other mice snuck into the bakery. They got on the begets to get the baker's attention. He noticed them in an instant and Cherry and Atticus watched him chase the mice out. There was a bit of cringing though, and they all spotted Lucifer sleeping soundly while his owners were elsewhere. The blue birds grabbed Anastasia's bonnet and put it down where the baker would spot her. Unfortunately, the mice got by a horse which startled the horse and made him buck Anastasia and made her land in a pile of messy flour and eggs. 

"That didn't go as well as I thought." Atticus pointed out.

"Oh yeah?" Cherry glanced at him, then looked back with a hardened gaze. "I didn't notice."