chapter 16

Do you remember the story of a girl who lived in a life of cinders, and how she found true love because she kept a beautiful dream in her heart? Of course, it helped that she had mouse friends and two other human friends who could sew and a Fairy Godmother who did wonders with pumpkins. Well, that girl is our very own Cinderella along with Cherry and Atticus. Cinderella woke from her bed and walked around the palace with her friends Cherry and Atticus as they lived a luxurious life after Cinderella fit the glass slipper.

Cinderella: What a perfectly perfect life

It's a fairy tale come true

I'm a princess and a wife all because I fit a shoe

When I dreamed of love 

Who'd have guessed I'd end up here?

At the end of a perfectly perfect year

The prince came in, chuckling. "Would my perfectly perfect wife put on her perfectly perfect shoes?"

"You found my shoes." Cinderella smiled at him, taking the shoes.

Cherry and Atticus smiled at them. 

"Better hurry, Fairy Godmother's waiting." Atticus reminded Cinderella.

"What were the mice using them for this time?" Cinderella asked, getting on her shoes.

"Boats." Cherry answered.

Cinderella laughed once she got her shoes on and followed the prince and her friends out the door.

Cinderella: What a perfectly perfect year!

"Atticus, you ever wonder what's going on at the chateau these days?" Cherry asked as they walked down the hall.

"Sometimes, why, do you?" Atticus looked back at her.

"I have a gut feeling that Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella would try to do something crazy to us since we're living in the palace now."

"Oh, Cherry, they may have Tremaine on their side, but Drizella and Anastasia aren't smart enough to try anything to stop us."

"I suppose, but you never know."

"Come on, sis, we're having a perfectly perfect year while they're having a perfectly, miserable, awful year."

Cherry and Atticus then stopped as Cinderella and the Prince went for a ride. Cinderella took his hand and they were off. Cherry and Atticus then walked behind them to find Fairy Godmother. She had a surprise for them all.

"Let's change the subject," Atticus spoke up. "What do you think Fairy Godmother's surprise is?"

The group met up with Fairy Godmother. She was with the mice in the backyard and she had created a special anniversary surprise for Cinderella and the Prince. What they didn't know was that Anastasia snuck from her home and was watching over them, envious of her step-sister and friends' new lives with the prince. How could they have done it for that ball? 

"Surprise!" the mice cheered. "Happy Anniversary to Cinderelly and the Prince!"

"Wow, you guys, I hope you can do this when I get married!" Cherry smiled.

"Yeah, me too." Atticus added.

"Only you won't get married." Cherry giggled.

Atticus glared at her.

"Gee, I wonder if that old lady has a wand she could spare?" Anastasia said to herself as she continued to spy on the happy group.

"A perfect anniversary part we planned for you," Fairy Godmother told the couple as she waved her wand to display presents and treats for everyone. "And I threw in some magic with a bibbidi-bobbidi-boo. Just like the night I sent you three to the ball."