▹thirteen.

m.h.

Today was our last day at Disneyworld.

We still had three more days in Florida, though. We explored the main parks we were interested in within four days and decided that was good enough. Everything else was kind of boring to us, and we didn't feel like walking around even more. My legs were killing me.

I still haven't told Riley how I feel so Farkle and Zay kept pushing me. I told them that I'd do it when we got to the hotel, which would be in less than an hour, so I was freaking out.

"I can't believe this is the last time we'll be here," Riley mumbled as we waited for our uber.

"Maybe you can come over one summer so we can hang out," Farkle shrugged.

I furrowed my eyebrows but then I realized that she was leaving. My heart dropped. I completely pushed that thought away for the past few days. I was kind of hoping it would disappear, but I knew that won't change anything.

Our car arrived and we got inside. Farkle asked to turn the radio up and the car was booming with sound. I anxiously tapped my leg and Riley noticed.

"What's wrong?" she quietly asked.

"Nothing," I reassured her. "Why?"

"You look nervous," she shrugged.

"I'm okay," I smiled.

She hesitantly nodded, seeming unconvinced.

We reached the hotel and I tried stalling. I wasn't ready to tell her how I felt.

"Maybe we should go grab a snack," I suggested before we got in the elevator. 

"It's like, midnight," Zay squinted. He realized that I was trying to avoid telling Riley. "We should just go to our hotels and...confess how we truly feel about-"

"-mickey mouse," Farkle quickly finished before he spat anything else out.

Riley furrowed her eyebrows as we got in the elevator. After a few seconds, she spoke up. "Mickey mouse is okay, I guess..."

"Talk about that in your room," Farkle said, quickly rushing out with Zay as soon as the doors slid open.

Riley looked at me with raised eyebrows and I shrugged.

I felt a lump in my throat as I opened the door. We got inside and I sat on the bed, fiddling with my hands.

"What's wrong, Maya?" she said through a little laugh. "You seem so nervous."

"You're making me nervous," I quietly said.

She stared at me and tilted her head.

"Riley," I began. "Um, I know that you're leaving for London in a few weeks, but..."

I paused, unable to find the right words. She sat by me and took my hand with a smile.

"But what?" she softly asked.

I couldn't do it.

"I'll never stop thinking of you," I quickly spit out, my heart breaking. "You're my best friend and I'm gonna miss you so much. I know I've said this so many times but for the past few days, I totally forgot you were leaving. I want you to know that, no matter what, you'll always be my best friend."

She glanced down at our hands and smiled. "And you'll always be mine."

I quickly kissed her cheek before getting ready for bed.

So much for telling her how I feel.

Yeah, she's my best friend, but she's also way more.