Prologue

Kallista's P.O.V

I ran as fast as I could back to the house, and when I got there I saw Luna sitting on the couch rubbing her temples.

"We dont know what happened. She just collapsed." Ashton said as I approached her.

"Michael, a word. Now." I said strictly.

He followed me out of the room. And as soon as the others were far enough away to not hear us, in unleashed all of it.

"Did you find him? Cause seeing how Luna is, she needs him." Michael said.

"No, but I found a blood trail up near where he always hunts. And it's his blood Mike. Luke is out there hurt. We need to find him." I explained as best as I could in very few words.

"We have to split up to cover more ground. But Luna cant go shes not strong enough." Michael suggested.

"My mum will stay with her I'm sure. The sooner we start looking, the better. I dont know how much time hes got if hes already hurt." I said honestly.

"You go tell the others. I'll get Luke's parents and your mum. We start looking tonight. And we dont stop until we find Luke." Michael said before running out of the house.

I walked back into the room where the others are. And I sat down across from Luna and Ash.

"We need to talk." I said quietly, but assertively.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked.

"Its Luke isn't it?" Luna asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, as of now, Ash you're in charge of the pack until further notice." I said and his eyes just about popped out of his head.

"What? Why? Luke's not, no he cant be dead!" Ashton started yelling, jumping to his feet.

"What?!" Calum, Ana, and Ember came running from the kitchen.

"Luke's dead?! How? Who? I'll kill the bastard with my bare hands!" Calum started shouting.

"Stop! I dont think he's dead! But hes hurt." I said and they all took a breath.

"How do you know? How did you feel it before Luna?" Calum asked me.

"I went looking for him, and I found blood. It's his blood, I caught his scent and found a trail up the mountain, but I cant find him myself. Not in a timely manner. So I need all of you to help me." I explained and Ash stood in front of us.

"With Luke injured, as beta, Ember and I are incharge. Luna, sit this one out for now, you're weak." Ashton said.

"I'll stay with her." I heard my mum's voice.

I looked up to see her and the Hemmings standing in the door way with Michael.

"Ashton, Liz and I are going to stay here with Luna and Monica just I case my son comes back here." Andrew said, and Ash nodded.

"Thank you for stepping up when needed. Luke will appreciate it." Liz said.

"Now go. Find my son. Bring him back to me." Liz said as she stared dead into Ashton's eyes.

"I will. I promise."