6.) Anti-venom

Kallista's P O.V

Michael and I ran towards Nate at an un-godly speed. There was no turning back now.

I can smell him. It's even stronger now.

Excpet his scent and Luke's are now beginning to mix, and its giving me a fucking headache.

He must be covered in Luke's blood.

"Nate!" I shouted at him as he came into my sight.

He spun around on his heels and looked me dead in the face.

I slowed down, almost completely to a stop and waited for my brother to approach me.

And he did.

Slowly.

"Kallista, what are you doing here?" He asked as he stood arms length away from me.

"I could ask you the same question." I replied back. Trying my hardest to keep my face hard as stone.

"Luke and mum put me back together after you killed me. They said I deserved another chance." Nate confessed.

"What? No-" I said, turning to look at Michael.

"Oh yes. Mum used her magic for the first time in forever to reanimate my corpse. Luke sewed my neck back together. I dig the new scar." Nate said running his fingers along the deep red scar that runs all the way around his neck.

"No. No. I watched Ashton burn you. There's no way in hell anyone was bringing you back after that." Michael jumped in.

"It wasn't me you burned. Shapeshifter made to look like me." Nate said, as if it was obvious.

"Okay, so say we believe you. Why is Luke hurt?" I asked and Nate chuckled.

He turned away from me and continued to chuckle.

"I lost my cool during training, I guess you could say. Luke brought a mortal out here so I could learn to control myself when around them. I didn't mean to hurt him. But he jumped in front of her so I wouldn't hurt her." Nate explained.

"Who?" Michael asked stepping closer to my brother.

"Her." Nate said pointing behind us.

I spun around and saw a girl I never thought I would ever see again.

The girl I almost killed in high school. The incident that got me sent here in the first place.

"She knows about us?" I asked and she giggled.

"Honey I've known since day one." She said and her eyes glowed bright gold.

"No. No. Fucking no! Nate! She was human when I left! What did you do?!" I started yelling.

"I told you. Luke jumped in front of her. So, once he was down for the count, I got what I wanted. The taste of human blood running down my throat. And the love of my life back." Nate rambled on, sounding more and more psychotic by the second.

"Love of your life? Nate, dont you remember-" I started but he ran up and grabbed me by my throat. Slamming me against the crumbling wall of the plantation house.

"Her name has been ringing through my ears since I woke up after dad bit me. It didn't stop until I sank my teeth into her throat. You almost killed my soul mate Kalli. Just be happy I decided to get Luke instead of Michael here. I could've done to him what you did to my other half way back then. Only worse. There would've been no one to stop me." Nate spat at me.

"Nate! Get off her!" I heard Luke shouting.

"I didn't bring you back so you could continue your chaos! I brought you back to help you learn how to live like this! To give you another chance." Luke shouted, tackling Nate off of me and to the ground.

"I didn't wanna do this Nate! I wanted better for you!" Luke shouted, his eyes turning red.

He pulled a syringe out of his back pocket and ripped the needle cap off with his teeth and shoved it into my brothers neck.

"Strongest ever anti-venom. Have fun being human again Nate. It took your mum weeks to make."