Day 11 - Ugly Christmas Sweater

Pairing/s: Steve Rogers/Tony Stark (Pre-Slash? Gen together?)
Characters/s: Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers
Canon: MCU
Au: None
Warnings: None

Prompt - Ugly Christmas Sweater

"I've had it. I can't take it anymore" Tony groans into his afternoon coffee. "Something has to be done about this"

Bruce looks up at him as he sips his tea, but he makes no comment. Honestly, he didn't think it was that bad.

"Do you think there is any chance he would burn it if I paid him?" Tony says, and Bruce can't help but smile at that.

"Honestly? No" It takes a concentrated effort not to laugh and spill his tea.

Tony drapes himself over the kitchen island dramatically. "He's an artist. He should know better. It's an assault to the eyes"

Yes, admittedly is was weird that Steve would choose to wear something that much of an eye saw, and in public too. But the was no doubt in his mind that Steve was only doing so to get a rise out of Tony, and was succeeding.

The sweater in question was a bright orange with deep blue cuffs and neckline. In the center sits a grey tabby cat with a Santa hat and bright blue bow on a pile of holly. There is bits off holly sown on all over the sweater. And on the back is a message wishing everyone a 'Purrrr-fect Christmas'. It could have been worse, he's seen worse, it was... actually kind of adorable, in its dorky handcrafted way.

"He's ruining the aesthetic of the place, Bruce. He's souring the milk and stripping the paint off the walls just by wearing that bloody thing." Tony cries out in anguish. Bruce rolls his eyes at him.

"Where did he even get that thing? It's horrendous."

"A garage sale... I think" He answers honestly.

Tony gapes, strangled noises of indignation and horror escaping him. "Yuck! Uggghhh"

"He patted me of the back the other day. Who knows who's lived – or died – in that thing!"

"Tony,- C'mon" He tries. It was just a sweater. Tony scowls at him.

"Hey Tony, Hey Bruce" he hears from behind as Steve enters the kitchen. Judging by the fact Tony's scowl deepened, Steve is wearing the sweater.

Bruce turns around to great him, "Hey Steve". And yeah, he is wearing the sweater.

Tony growls and stands up. Both Steve and himself look over at Tony in concern and confusion.

"I've had enough of that ugly sweater, Steve" Tony says.

Steve pouts at him, "But I like it" the man says.

Tony slams his hands down on the kitchen island, "It's disgusting. I don't want to see it ever again"

"What will you have me do with it?" Steve looks up at Tony through his lashes, "You want me to get rid of it?" he tugs at one of the bits of holly on his chest.

"YES!" Tony shouts. "Take it off! Throw i-" The words die on Tony's tongue as Steve does just that. Right in the middle of the kitchen.

Steve slowly pulls the sweater off over his head, revealing his bare chest underneath. "Took you long enough"

"...What?" Tony asks weakly, eying Steve's chest.

Bruce groans and buries his head in his hands. "Don't tell me you wore that damn thing, just so Tony could tell you to take your clothes off..." He moans.

Steve smiles brightly at him.

End