no body, no crime.

i think he did it but i just can't prove it
no, no body, no crime
but i ain't letting up until the day i die

C A L I F O R N I A

C H A R L O T T E

"Chadwick was nervous," Peggy began to explain as Daniel tried to keep up beside us.

We were back at the coroner's office to hear the autopsy report.

A creaky door opened and closed behind us. Detective Henry emerged and scoffed.

"I've been in this case for two years and you're not going to wait for me?" He whined, causing me to roll my eyes again at the man.

We walked into the still freezing room and Sousa walked up to Meltzer asking what he found.

The lack of response replaced by the crackling of ice was eerie. When we approached the Doctor, Daniel placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Dr. Meltzer?"

I yelped behind Daniel and Peggy when the body fell to the ground and smashed into pieces. Daniel retracted his arm and Peggy gripped his crutched arm.

I felt sick to my stomach as I looked down upon his shattered body.

N E W  Y O R K

J A C K

Dottie Underwood was tapping her red nails on the desk and maintained her creepy smirk as I walked into the interrogation room.

"It's been over 24 hours, shouldn't I get a phone call?"

Her voice was strangely calm — almost happy, but not quite.

For the first time, the look on her face waned and she asked where her dear Peggy was.

"Carter? She's moved onto a new case. You're yesterday's news for her."

She sat up straight, the odd smirk returning to her face briefly before she folded her hands and frowned again.

"But who's gonna interrogate me?"

I sighed and held a carrot and a stick in front of her. I explained to her how Dooley and I used to be the carrot and the stick respectively, in order to get confessions.

"See the problem is," I said, my voice increasing a bit in volume, "is that you and your commie friends, well... you killed the carrot."

I threw the carrot down on the floor while she watched me. It was like she never blinked.

Like Peggy, I unlocked her hand-cuffs and sat before her.

"And I'm not afraid of you."

With that spine-chilling smirk on her face, she flipped the table up and choked me with it.

"You're too easy! We need Peggy," she said calmly with a smile.

C A L I F O R N I A

C H A R L O T T E

Jarvis brought Doctor Wilkes to meet us at the coroners office.

Peggy asked him if he could explain at all what happened to Doctor Meltzer while Daniel and I reviewed the autopsy report.