Chapt. 1

Looking at the screens in front of him, Namjoon couldn't help but sigh out of relief.

"No one has been able to find your little hiding place. Ain't that something nice," his cousin smirked from the small sofa he was sitting at. Namjoon had taken the time to check every lock of the house while his cousin made random remarks, his cousin bringing him up to speed on any family news and events.

"Oh shut it, Mark. Aren't you supposed to be home?" Namjoon said while rolling his eyes.

"I'm just lingering, making sure you're doing okay. Auntie did say to keep an eye on you," his cousin chuckled, walking over to Namjoon's refrigerator and grabbing a carton of milk out of it.

"Well, fine. But I'm still unsure of what to do this week. We have a full month of rest, the first in years, yet I have not a single clue of what I'm to do."

"Why don't you go visit auntie?" Mark suggested, grabbing a bowl of out of the kitchen and filling it with cereal.

"I would but I already plan to do that during the holidays so that I don't attract too many fans to my parent's house. Remember last Christmas?" Namjoon reminded him.

"How could I forget? I thought an earthquake had decided to hit our little corner of Korea, and only our little corner of Korea," Mark agreed.

"Ever thought about going out to find a girl?" His cousin asked, taking a seat next to Namjoon who had slumped over on the couch of his large living room. "Auntie keeps pressing the issue to me and mom. You know, I have a couple of lady friends back in Busan I can introduce you to."

"I forgot you moved there," Najoon sighed, throwing his cousin an envelope, nearly knocking the bowl out of his cousin's hands.

"Watch it!"

"I think sleep is the only thing on my mind at the moment. Plus, dates would only end up in scandals or me getting to meet a fangirl. Nothing genuine," Namjoon huffed out, bowing slightly to apologize for throwing the envelope.

"By fangirl you mean-"

"Yes... The extreme "fans"," Namjoon answered, his hands going into the air to make the sign of quotation marks, highlighting the fact that fans were meant to be sarcastic.

"Do you even consider them fans anymore?" his cousin asked, his hand placing the bowl on the coffee table across from them, Namjoon picking up the control for the TV before turning it on.

"Them? No. They're what Jungkook likes to call "parasites"."

Mark opened the envelope, a large amount of money tucked inside.

They went silent, letting the TV play over their light snores as they drifted in and out of sleep. Though Namjoon could have gone to any of his seven bedrooms, he liked being at his cousin's side, simply because he hated being completely alone. After so much sleep deprivation, being alone becomes a paranoid person's worst nightmare.

Especially considering he spent most of his time with the other guys.

It was a comfort to have someone there at his side, even if he was sort of a lunatic.

"You know, charity is always a good way to get your mind off of things. Why don't you look for a place to volunteer at? I know a lot of artists do that whenever they have some spare time. Plus it makes you look good to the ladies," his cousin laughed, shifting himself as he woke up from his light slumber.

Namjoon shrugged it off, his face laying on the side of the couch as he thought through the idea of going into charity. It wasn't something that he hated or disliked, but the idea of having some privacy while doing it made him lean towards it a bit.