A/N + Hidden Meanings [Explanation]

You guys might be thinking one of two things from this chapter:

"What is there to explain? Everything is pretty straightforward."

Or

"There's a hidden meaning?"

And the answer to both is I do have my own thoughts on the books and I want to explain why it has 3 endings and why it's such an unsatisfying romance story, for you guys, less so for me. 

For one, I'll start by explaining a bit about Nia. Idk if anyone caught onto this, but Nia's only family was her brother. At least her only blood-related family. After her brother passed away, Nia spent many years in an orphanage until she was finally adopted out at an older age than most kids. Her attachment to Jin is based on him reminding her of her brother, but one that would overshadow the rest of the story so I didn't go into it since it was not a priority or even relevant to the reason behind the story.

I hinted at it a bit through some chapters but because I wasn't going to explore it too much I made it vague. I also made it vague enough for you, as the reader, to imagine yourself in her position.

Next, I want to explain the reason for the three endings. As you can tell, in the true ending, Nia moves on and grows, she gets engaged yet still holds Namjoon, Jin, and the rest of BTS dear to her.

Why did I do the true ending this way?

Well, I believe that many delusional fans love to pretend or imagine they'd genuinely marry BTS, and although this is a cute way of thinking when you're young, as these people get older and the obsession becomes stronger, for some people the delusion takes over their entire life. However, Nia's contrast between her and May is there for a purpose. Not all fans are made equally, and while the majority protect BTS and mature and move on with life while still holding them dear, some don't. Some get stuck in the de-lulu phase, the phase in which they themselves have created and which has subsequently enabled them to grow up the way May did. Many people love BTS for hundreds of reasons, some, like Nia, found comfort in them, sought happiness and a place to feel safe in. And while most, in the beginning, seem obsessed, we usually wish the best for the boys and on average want them to have a good and happy future.

Then there's May, who puts her love for Namjoon over her hurt friend, who ignores a member's pain, and who cannot see her bias with anyone but herself. People like May really really make me sad and more often than not hurt our image as fans, and hurt BTS whether intentionally or not.

Ending two was what most fans expect. The happy ending you came to this book for, and the ending in which Namjoon finds love. Although that is the point of fanfiction, a fantasy created by people to satisfy a reader's needs for wholesome or cute content, I also would love to use this opportunity to remind everyone who is delusional over our boys that these grown-ass men are real people and they will eventually marry and have children of their own with people who are NOT us. They are in their mid to late twenties, and shouldn't be seen as boys for young girls to obsess over to the point that they neglect others around them, but rather as adults with their own lives, ambitions, and preferences. As much as some people wish for them to be one thing or the other, they are their own people and have voiced their dislike of being shipped with each other, etc etc.

Ending 3 is for the small percent of fans who might want to see and ending with JinxReader even if it's a Joonxreader book. I've had times where I'd read a book and wanted to see the OC end up with someone else, trust me it happens, and although I won't do this on many books, I hope it's a cute spin.

Hidden meaning?

Be okay with finding out that your faves might have secret girlfriends/boyfriends/wives/husbands who might or might not be ARMY. They might be the most normal person in the world for all we care and that's ok.

They might have kids, they might have a divorce, maybe they cheated or have fallen in love with people they shouldn't, etc. BTS might drink, smoke, get tattoos, get more piercings, or hang out with people who do these things, it's really at the end of the day none of our damn business.

Overall, they are humans, they are like any other person and deserve to be respected as such, held accountable as such, and allowed to do whatever the hell they want and associate with whomever they want, whether it's for better or for worse.

I will continue to write your fantasies but remember that Fan-FICTIONS and FANtasies start at the beginning of the book, and end at the last period.

Sincerely,

Marili Cruz.