Chapt. 6

"You're in early!" Nia cheers, her eyes fixated on the man dressed as a snowman.

Namjoon was sitting on her usual makeup chair, Nia hanging her scarf and coat on the coat hanger near the old wooden door.

"What can I say, employee of the month," he giggled from under the suit, Nia flashing him a cheeky smile before opening the door she had gone through.

"Well, Mr. Snowman I need you out. I gotta change into my suit," she chuckled.

"I see. By the way, before I go out, do you happen to know where we are helping out today?" He asked, his body halfway out the door.

"Orphanage. After Jinnie and his incredible bandmates went on to promote the place they have been having an influx of people going to help. The place wants us to go in and keep the kids entertained while the sponsors for this next donation talk politics. You ready for that?"

Namjoon nodded, walking out the door to wait for her.

They had become closer.

Even if it was only a couple of days, both of them had become close to one another.

Nia wasn't easily comfortable with people, but he had a pleasant personality. He often talked about his work and his adoration for his colleagues, something she found endearing.

Meanwhile, Nia would often complain about her friend and how her actions were slowly starting to scare her.

"I found her writing Namjoon's name all over a notebook yesterday. I thought I was losing it, I mean who wakes up at 6 am just to write someone's name on a notebook?" Nia rambled, both of them heading out the door of the store.

Namjoon felt a shiver run down the back of his spine with those words, his body turning while he adjusted his headpiece to turn with him.

Nia wore her usual old man make-up, a large cape laying on her shoulders.

"For?" Namjoon asked while pointing at the cape.

"The cold. I realize I tend to not wear enough to keep me nice and toasty. Speaking of, isn't it cold in there?" she questioned, Namjoon shaking the massive snowman's head.

"I end up sweating under hear usually. This thing is probably going to be pretty sweaty when I'm done with it," he laughed, Nia putting some distance between them in disgust.

"Nasty. You should probably wash it before turning it in. Speaking of, I heard from the boss that you're leaving soon. I'm guessing you're going to go celebrate the holidays?"

"Yeah. My mom has been nagging at me for not getting there early but after some explaining, she came through," he snickered awkwardly.

"Well, I'm with her. This is no place for a man as old as you to be hanging out in. I mean don't get me wrong, the help is nice and you can do charity at any age, but if it's just for a hobby may I suggest learning how to play an instrument or something?" Nia added.

"Why? You don't want me here anymore?"

"No that's not it. I mean you did break 4 plates the first week here, and the wooden door barely locks anymore since you pulled it out last time, but that's not why. I just thought you should maybe spend more time with these coworkers of yours. You guys seem to be pretty close," Nia suggested, Nia, leading him towards a large parking area.

"Where are we going?" he questioned, Nia taking out some keys from her pocket.

"We're going to the orphanage."

"I know that I mean, why are we at a parking lot?" Namjoon said in a panic.

"We are using the boss' rented van to go. We have to pick up a couple of cakes and refreshments on the way. He told the charity he'd be supplying them, why?"