Obscure Ending

"YOO Joon!" A voice yelled out.

The large smile of the woman he loved was so easy to spot that he couldn't help but run in her direction, the cold air of December hitting his face like a sharp knife. However, he did not care. The world could have been ending and he did not mind. No, Namjoon was just happy to see her. 

Just as he neared the wired fence, a wall of fans began to scramble and fill the gaps. Before he knew it there was a large divide between him and her. 

"Assh!" he groaned, the small door that was near the wired fence opening.

It would not be an easy run, he thought, the woman named Nia pushing her way to the front. He had only taken a single step forward before Nia grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled it. The tug had been strong enough to propel him forward, and his legs starting to gain momentum. He didn't even flinch while running, a genuine smile forming on his face. He was ecstatic to see her. 

Both of them jumped into a van, Nia pushing him inside and slamming the door behind them. His eyes soon came into view of Jin, the designated driver of their van. He took off from the premise, Namjoon quickly buckling as Nia laughed at the absurdity of the situation.

"Jinnie, you need to slow down before you make us crash," she cheered, Namjoon immediately noting her use of the man's nickname.

Was it a simple coincidence?

"Nini, you are really too much. It's not like I'm driving over the speed limit or anything," he replied.

Namjoon was not only disgusted by the nicknames but he was also very surprised. 

"When did you two become so close?" he asked, afraid of their response. 

"Oh well, I mean I guess it was since the second he came clean to me about you being the snowman," she recalled, Jin nodding his head while keeping his eyes on the street.

"The cheezy song you sent for Jin to sing in your place was also a thing. He came over to sing the song at one of the charity events held near the mall. I was there by chance if not I think I wouldn't have even spoken to him," Nia added.

"Yeah, and I took that time to apologize for being such an ass," Jin smiled.

Namjoon stared down at his hand closing it shut while holding onto the warmth Nia had left behind.

"A little after that I asked her out for coffee and three or four coffees later we began to date," Jin said while turning at a light. 

Namjoon sighed to himself while glancing over at her. Nia's eyes could only stare at Jin, Namjoon's heart aching at the sight. He had missed his chance. 

"Congratulations," he said.

He could tell Nia truly could only like that man, his chance to come clean on his own terms was long gone. He could only hope that they would be happy, that maybe someday in the future he would get to find someone who loved him as much as Nia loved Jin. 

◈◈◈◈◈

🐨Since this is an obscure ending I didn't go too crazy with the word count. This is more of a meme chapter than a serious one but I hope you all like it none the less.