Chapt. 3

"Onto some entertainment news, this time having to do with Idol group Bangtan, or as they are known internationally, BTS.

This morning it was announced by Bighit officials that BTS has begun a charity fundraiser for one of Seoul's most underrated and poverty-stricken orphanages in the city.

Along with planning a fundraising event for this Orphanage, BigHit Entertainment has offered legal advice and their attorney to represent the needful Seoul Orphanage.

Since December of 20XX the orphanage has been hit with a lawsuit that threatens to demolish the building for commercial use.

Our sources say the orphanage has been scrambling for money for the past 6 years, even going so far as to having children start door to door fundraising and bake sales.

Last night BTS' fans, known as The ARMY, began volunteer work at the orphanage, and some, even deciding to open up a fundraising page.

One site called NiiASeoulFunding.com has raised over 25 thousand dollars in funds, to keep the orphanage running and give these kids a happy Christmas, now back to you Junho..."

Nia's eyes went wide at the sound of that, immediately jumping out of bed to check her laptop which sat across her shared dorm room, turning it on while her friend May turned the channel from news to a Korean drama.

The sound of the drama was muted in Nia's ears, drowned by the astonishment and realization as she looked at the donation amount on her funding webpage.

It was at 27 thousand and going up quickly, some of the comments under the page ranging from Korean and English to Portuguese and even Arabic.

Her mind was blown, not knowing what to do now that her donation page had gone from a Meek 100$ to 27,000$ in the blink of an eye.

"I heard it was Joon who proposed this. Some of the online sources say he was the first to go to the event this morning. Isn't Joonie the best?" her friend May said proudly.

Nia was confused. Confused but happy.

It was a bittersweet taste for her knowing she no longer had to worry about the well-being of the kids she often had to see struggling for their next meal.

But now she felt a bit empty inside as if she'd lost a connection to an old friend.

"Well, regardless of what BTS did or didn't do, Jinnie Oppa still looks hot as ever," Nia smiled, her friend laughing with her, both of them ending up on the floor while giggling hysterically.

~

It was another usual day at the charity event for Nia, her hands diligently applying makeup on her face.

Just as she finished placing her Santa hat on her head, Namjoon came in, his body covered from head to toe in the Snowman costume.

"Ah! Jungi! Just in time! Apparently, we will be helping out one of the neighboring store owners. Her employees seemed to have both caught the flu and we have to go help out," Nia said enthusiastically.

"Is that why you aren't using the usual Santa makeup?" He asked while pointing at Nia's outfit.

It was true, her usual outfit would not get them any sales, and from what she had heard her coworker say, sales were everything for the little cake store across the mall.

'"Question, how is this considered charity work?" Namjoon asked, looking over at Nia with curious eyes.

It was the first time he had seen her without her Santa makeup.