My soulmate is a warewolf and one of my kidnappers 3-1

I flicked the dirt from my body and quickly shifted. This time I felt pressure all over my body, and not all pleasant.

I hunched over and tightened my curling claws to my chest. My spine elongated and thinned. Bones shifted and my chest contracted. Lungs expanded and gulped in more air then they could take and whooshed out of my mouth. The same moment black fur broke over my body completely.

It happened in mere moments and I shifted to a Puma. Fierce, but also swift with excellent balance. A long thin black tail wrapped around my waist.

Crouching down I surveyed my surroundings. Seven in open ground twelve lying in wait. Heaving out a breath I launched myself at the closet target.

It was caught off guard and suffered, the cost, its life. I ripped its throat out with a single slash and put more force then needed but struck an approaching opponent. My claws digging into the base of its skull.

My claws became stuck, the infect took advantage and tossed back its head, dislodging me thank god, but slamming me into another infect.

"Ok we need some rules, 1 never ever touch me, 2 never attack me, and most importantly, 3, die!" I grab the head of the infect and jump over, bringing the head to the ground, it lands with a crunch. Black masses ooze out but then stop. Noting from before, I tear the head from its post.

It stays down, but an uneasy thought crossed my mind. It was not often that I forgot such an important detail. If fact it was the first. I had only ripped out the throat of the first infect encountered today... shit.

Looking around I could see that the infect were moving back, why?

I shift further into my form as energy snapped in the air. It was as if the air was alive, which it was, but now was able to act.

I dropped on all fours and my back legs shortened, the muscle contracted but became more powerful and my bones became lighter and smaller. The fingers on my front paws retracted and my claws became deadly talons.

My shoulder blades flexed up as I assumed a hunter's crouch. My vision was much sharper and I was able to see everything in perfect detail. Especially the fact of who stepped from the line of infects... Darla.

Well for some reason that was not shocking, in fact I could believe it. the girl was as mean as they come, but in high school there will be bitches, but she was different. More anger filled. A true bitch to the core.

"Aww look at the pretty kitty, wonder who's that." Her voice grated on my sensitive ears. "Come here sweetie, I don't bite." She cooed .

Do not bite my ass, and what was with her arm hiding behind her back? Well there was no way in hell I would approach her willingly, even her stench offended my elfin nose. She turned to the infects, a look of hurt crossed her face. Did she want this petite kitty to come near her? if so I would rip of her body parts one by one.

"Get it, I want it. Now!" what the hell? She wanted me? Did she think I was just a Puma? Oh wait... crap... infect.

There was no way in hell I would let her even think of turning me into an infect.

Two charged at me, beckoned on by her command. I spring up from my crouch and leap to the shoulders of the closer one. I leaned down and clamped my teeth onto its neck, I would have shredded it apart with my claws but it was struggling to dislodge me.

I pulled back with my full mouth, ripping apart the infect's neck. I go back and rip the rest away. The head drops to the cold ground and rolls to Darla's feet.

I kick out with my hind legs and knock the creeping infect away.

"Did I miss the party or is it too late to join." I shake my head at the deep rumble belonging to Cooper.