Ice Cream (Jerome x Reader) [Part Two of Rain]

My first Jerome oneshot, Rain got a bit of attention on Tumblr and I decided to write a bit more, mainly for me again but have more Jerome fluff!

Were breakups really this hard to get over? Was it always like this? Either you couldn't remember how it felt going through your last break up because you were in a relationship after that for so long, or you've just gotten super emotional since then.

You let out a sigh and sat back, covering your face. This was getting ridiculous.

"...I got ice cream."

You yelped and jumped up from your seat, turning to look at Jerome as he laughed.

"You asshole!"

"Mean."

"What did I say about breaking into my apartment?"

"Well, I knocked but you were clearly busy so I let myself in." Jerome shrugged.

"Of course. Well, maybe I wanted to be alone."

"It's never good to mourn a death alone, ____." He sat on the table and you paused.

"..." You squinted your eyes at the ginger but he looked completely serious. "Jerome--"

"I'm joking," he grinned, "you shouldn't keep moping over them though. Have you even talked to them?"

"Maybe? They sent me a text and I didn't open it at first but--"

Jerome heaved out a sigh and laid back on the table, making you roll your eyes.

"I couldn't help it, okay? But--they told me that while we were together..."

Once you stopped talking, Jerome raised an eyebrow.

"It's just--because we were separated for a while--"

"They cheated on you?" The ginger sat up as you nodded. "...So you really don't want me to--"

"No. You know, murder isn't the answer to everything." You crossed your arms.

"Debateable."

"Jerome!"

"What? I'm serious. But if you really don't want me to, I won't."

"I don't."

"Well I really want to--"

"Stop it, I'm serious!"

Jerome rolled his eyes and leaned forward, "why is ice cream so bad at tennis?"

You furrowed your brow at the sudden change in topic, "what?"

"They have a soft serve."

You snorted and looked down.

"People watching will brighten your mood. Jerome hopped up and grabbed two spoons before dragging you out onto your fire escape to watch the people walking back and forth. You were reluctant at first, but there was no way Jerome was letting you go back inside. The fresh air was nice too, but you wouldn't admit that.

Nearly two hours of Jerome's ice cream puns, car puns, and him making fun of the pedestrians that walked by had you on the ground. You had no idea you could laugh this hard and still be breathing. By the time you both finished the tub of ice cream, the sun was setting and you had almost forgotten why you were moping in the first place. You rested your head on the ginger's shoulder and let out a sigh.

"____."

"Yeah?"

"I wanna take you out on a date."

"You looked up at him, "just what is your idea of a date?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jerome shot back.

"I just wanna be sure we aren't robbing a bank before I agree." You teased, chuckling.

"Very funny. I save that for the third date~" he winked.

You snorted, rolling your eyes, "well what do you have planned, ginger?"

"It's a surprise!"

"That worries me."

"Trust me, ____. It'll be tons of fun."

You shrugged, "I was going to say yes regardless but I'll take your word for it."

"Oh and just so you know, they had to be a real idiot to cheat on you."

"Thanks, Jerome." You gave a small smile.

"And if you want me to kill them--"

"Still won't be necessary."

Jerome groaned, "fine. You're no fun."

"I know." You kissed his cheek. "Let's forget about them. No murdering my ex."

"What about horrible accidents--"

"Jerome, I swear to God."

"Fine!"