Clumsy Bunny (Joker)

This is a personalized request for the first-place winner of the 500 follower giveaway I had on Tumblr! Joker's way of teasing isn't as playful as it should come off but he means well...sometimes.

Joker Used: Ledger's Joker

~~~~

 It's always good to have a designated day for chores, or else Jenna would never get anything done. Sweep and mop, wipe down surfaces, dust, wash dishes; it usually took the whole day due to the several brakes taken in between. Only this time, Joker made this day one of his surprise visit days as well. It didn't make a big difference to Jenna since he can be quiet when he wants to be. It was just a matter of him making a mess of something she just cleaned up.

After thirty minutes of finally convincing the clown to sit down and keep still, Jenna continued her tasks. There had to be some tune playing through the woman's head as she worked. Despite the swaying and humming to a beat unknown to him, there were times where she stumbled and tripped a bit, and that was when Joker decided that watching her was a lot more entertaining than whatever was on the TV.

He figured Jenna was bound to fall or break something soon at the rate she was going, and he wouldn't give any warning once it was going to happen. Joker's dark eyes watched closely as the woman finally tripped, taking a few plastic bowls with her.

Jenna let out a small curse and quickly rose to her feet, picking up everything she dropped before continuing on. She didn't look in Joker's direction, embarrassed that she even fell, to begin with. It took everything in him to not start cackling on the spot. It carried on like this, much to Joker's liking. Every trip and stumble earned a quick glance in the clown's direction and he made sure his eyes were focused on the TV every time she looked his way. After watching her fall again, he finally turned a bit in his seat.

"At this rate, you'll, uh, break something."

"I won't! It's just a bit hard to focus, that's all." Jenna replied quickly, growing flustered.

"I didn't know you were this clumsy," he cackled.

Jenna huffed and side-eyed him before focusing on her current task again.

"That's why you don't have glass dishes. I get it now-ah."

The woman quickly caught on to his taunting tone, "I can get glass dishes if I wanted to." She shot back.

"Oh really? I think you'd break 'em all, doll."

"I wouldn't! You're just being mean."

"Not mean. Truthful-ah." Joker shot back, "I'm surprised you've never set the place on fire before."

"I'm sure you've dropped something before."

"Uh, sure. After I hit my head maybe."

Jenna huffed, "well it's not like I'm purposefully doing this, J."

"Oh, I know. That's what makes it funny."

"...You were watching me the whole time, weren't you?"

"Yup."

"And you couldn't help me?!"

"I was enjoying the show."

Jenna felt even more embarrassed but she was also upset. "It's not funny, asshole!"

Joker's eyes focused on her again and he arched a brow. It seemed like she was actually upset.

Jenna gave up on finishing her last chore, throwing down what she had in her hands and settled for crossing her arms.

Joker sighed and stood up, "don't tell me you're actually upset--"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Don't be like that. I was only teasing."

"Didn't seem like it," Jenna muttered, moving past him and towards her bedroom.

Great.

Joker waited a few minutes before going into her bedroom.

"Get out."

"Nope." He climbed onto the bed and grabbed her before she could move away.

"Joker, I'm serious!"

"So am I. You're mad at me."

"Because you were being mean--"

"I was joking. Just a bit of, uh, playful teasing." Joker cooed. He pulled Jenna close and wrapped his arms around her.

His hugs were usually tight and possessive, but this one was a bit different. It wasn't as tight and it caught Jenna off guard just a little.

Maybe this was his way of apologizing. It was silent for a while until Joker decided to speak again, "still mad?"

"Maybe. Are you apologizing?" Jenna moved closer.

"...I never heard that word before. What language is that?"

Jenna rolled her eyes and nudged him as he chuckled.

"I dunno, watching you stumbling around was, uh, cute. You're like my clumsy bunny." He grinned as Jenna's eyes widened a bit.

She blushed and covered her face, just the reaction Joker was looking for.

"...Apology accepted." She glanced at him as he let out a stubborn grunt. He'd never admit that he was apologizing. "Now come help me finish my chores so we can watch TV together."

"To make sure you don't fall again?" Joker teased.

"Don't push your luck, Mr. Clown." Jenna placed a kiss on his cheek before tugging on his arm, "it's chore time!"

She was lucky he loved her.