Height Exceedment (Jerome x Reader)

You're on the tall side and you're pretty insecure about it

You're on the tall side and you're pretty insecure about it. Jerome tries to help you move past it a bit. I still have two more things I'm writing but this was easier and quicker to get done because I feel it lmao I'm tall myself so you know, relatabilityyyyyyy.

I know it's been a long ass time since I've even shit out a word so I appreciate the reads this hopefully gets!

"Why do you take so long to get ready?" Jerome sighed and lay across your bed watching you eye your outfit in the mirror

"Why do you take so long to get ready?" Jerome sighed and lay across your bed watching you eye your outfit in the mirror. It wasn't bad but it felt like the outfit was missing something.

"I'm almost ready. What shoes should I wear with this?"

"Oh, easy! These are my favorite, they look good on you."

You looked back and paused once you saw the heeled shoes and frowned, "mmmm, pick a different pair."

"What? How come?"

"I don't like those too much." You responded.

"Liar." Jerome's green eyes went from you to the shoes, "you look happy enough when you have them on."

"There are other shoes I like better."

"Well, what's wrong with these?"

Okay fuck. They were your favorite pair of shoes, but they would make you significantly taller. With them, you would be at least Jerome's height or a little taller. You didn't know how he'd react to that.

"...They're old."

"You got them a month ago,"

"They don't match that well--"

"--they match fine."

"They're uncomfortable."

"______." Jerome sighed.

"It's fine I'll just find a different pair now." You shrugged. Jerome squinted his eyes. He focused on the shoes, then on you before it finally clicked.

"So that's what this is about?" He grinned.

"What are you talking about?" You continued to straighten out your clothes.

"Who cares if you add on a few inches? I thought you said height was attractive or were you just trying to make me feel better?" Jerome put on the best pout he could. You glanced at him and chuckled before rolling your eyes.

"Attractive on you, of course. Who else wouldn't stare at a tall, handsome green-eyed ginger?"

"Oh, stop, you're making me blush. Keep going~" Jerome grinned and wrapped his arms around you. "Ever sit and think that maybe the people you attract like their partners tall? Think I'd complain about something like that?"

"I get it, I just don't like being taller than usual because a lot of people stare."

"Wellll, people are going to stare anyway, I'm simply irresistible."

"You're simply annoying, that's what you are." You retorted and laughed once Jerome lifted you up.

"Mean. Look, here's the next few steps. I'll tell you a few jokes, you'll laugh and push me away, then you'll put these wonderful shoes on and we'll hit the town."

"You still need to confirm no deaths while we're out."

"I don't recall that being on the list." Jerome furrowed his eyebrows together, "did you hear about the fire at the shoe factory?"

"What?" You took the shoes from him.

"100 soles were lost."

"Corny," you snorted.

"If I drove with heels on, would it be drag racing?"

"Better," you smiled and looked at him.

"What do you call a milkman in high heels?"

"Oh my god--"

"A dairy queen."

You saw it coming, but still, it made you laugh for a moment before putting your shoes on. You took a deep breath and stood up straight, looking at Jerome. You were about an inch taller than him now. The man looked you up and down before grinning.

"What happens when you eat yeast and shoe polish?" He wrapped his arms around you and you did the same, tilting your head at his question.

"What happens, Jerome?"

"Every morning you rise and shine." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"What did the Ancient Greeks wear on their feet?" You asked.

A pleasant surprise for Jerome. You've never thrown a pun back at him before. "What?" You could see the excitement in his eyes, his grin from ear to ear.

"Tennis Zeus." You smiled, poking his nose. There was a short pause before Jerome began to laugh.

"I can't believe I'm dating a nerd."

"Rude." You slapped his shoulder.

"Finally joining in, now it's gonna be a lot more fun! Now if only you'd pick up a gun--"

"Very fucking funny, Jerome. Let's go."

"Lead the way, I like the way those shoes shape your legs~"

"And just like that, his real motives are revealed." You rolled your eyes, beginning to push him out the door to your bedroom as he complained.

You'd thank him for the confidence boost later.