Late Night Inconveniences (Leto Joker x Reader)

My first time writing Leto Joker, it was bound to happen

I hope you enjoy!

TW: Blood, abuse, language, death

~

"This is the last time I'm gonna ask you, bitch."

You let out a small huff and managed to glare at the man standing over you. Your head was pounding and you could feel the blood dripping from the side of your head to your ear. You don't know if it was the adrenaline keeping you stubborn or just pure anger.

"Where does he keep the money?"

You shifted, trying to relieve the straining pain from your arms being bound tightly behind you in your chair before licking your busted lip. "I already told you I don't fucking know."

You were beginning to second guess your choice when it came to involving yourself in all this. Your thoughts were cut off by another blow to the face. Then another. The small group of men that snatched you from your tiring journey home from work had been at this for nearly two hours now. Maybe longer; you weren't exactly sure.

"Don't bullshit me. I've seen you with the freak."

"Freak? You talk big shit when he isn't around." You snapped, "just because I'm with him doesn't mean I know everything about this bullshit--"

Another punch, this time in the nose. The force was enough to send you to the ground. The sound of your chair hitting the concrete echoed throughout the empty warehouse and you grunted once your head smacked against the ground.

"You aren't gonna get shit from me because I don't know shit. How many times do I have to say it?" A kick in the stomach knocked the wind out of you and you closed your eyes tightly, trying to catch your breath.

The pain was starting to get to you now; your mind was getting fuzzy but you tried to keep focus.

"We're getting nowhere let's just kill them."

Okay panicking. Now you were panicking. You started to pull at your restraints but paused when you heard a loud bang. Everything was quiet until the man in front of you fell to the ground with a bullet between the eyes. That's when more gunshots began to fill the room. You let out a small sigh of relief and closed your eyes once you felt that your wrists were freed.

"Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright?" You glanced back at Frost once you sat up, "thank you. Where is he?"

"Stay put. He's here."

You wiped the blood running from your nose and tried to stand. Your legs were shaky and you nearly fell to the ground, but someone grabbed you. You already knew who it was. Another sigh left you as your hands gripped at his purple coat before looking up at him. His blue eyes were mixed with annoyance and anger. The anger wasn't for you, but you were sure the annoyance was.

"Any reason why you decided to work late today?"

"Oh, so this is my fault then?"

"No," he rolled his eyes, "not just you. I already handled the men that were supposed to be watching you." He examined your face and let out a growl. You heard one of the men groan in the distance and The Joker didn't hesitate in pulling out his gun to shoot the man in the head.

"J. Please just take me home." You rested your head on his chest and he pulled you closer, "my head is killing me. I won't stay late at work if it makes you anxious."

"Oh, I never said that." He lifted you up and began to carry you out of the warehouse, "I'm not worried at all, sweetheart."

"Sure, J." You wrapped an arm around his neck and closed your eyes.

"I'm not worried because you're quitting your job."

Your eyes snapped open, "I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard me and I'm not going to argue with you."

You grumbled to yourself before closing your eyes again. "Were you that worried?"

"You decided that you wanted this. And this," The Joker pointed to himself then you, "doesn't require you to work. If you want money, all you have to do is ask daddy." He cooed.

You felt your cheeks heating up. "You just want me to stay cooped up in the house all day."

"Maybe."

"Well, I don't want to."

"Let's finish this when you're all patched up." The Joker quickly dismissed you. His hand went to the back of your head and he pressed his lips against yours. He was more worried than you actually expected. You'd definitely tease him about it later. Your hands went up to his hair and you gripped it, tugging his head back once the kiss got heated.

"This can wait untilI'm all patched up." You mocked him.

He rolled his eyes and continued to his car as you chuckled lightly. This wasn't over.