Sequel?!

First thing I'd like to bring attention to, besides the obvious, is the title of this book. I've stuck with it since day one, but now I want change. So from this moment on, What Happens in Marching Band, Stays in Marching Band will forever be known as:

Marching Band: The Journey

Now on to the sneak peak of... (drum roll please)

Marching Band: An Adventure

~~~

"You're drumline, you are the heartbeat of this band. Get the drumsticks out of your asses and focus!" I yell at my old section.

Last year, I was the percussion captain so I was in control of drumline and pit, but Austin, thankfully, allowed me to march with drumline. This year, he begged me to be drum major because the band was larger. It was only the beginning of freshmen week and drumline was already pissing me off. And everyone new I didn't have patience.

The freshmen percussion kids gawked at me as I stormed away towards the shade. N'lynna, my best friend who was a member of the color guard, jogged over to join me under Austin's treehouse.

"Is everything okay?" Lynna asked, glancing over at the drumline as they tried to keep a rhythm going. When she saw me roll my eyes, she chuckled. "Forget I asked."

"I'm just waiting for this practice to end because Robert is going to be here tomorrow." I mention, referring to the past student who works as a consultant. He comes every year to assist percussion in anyway he can. Plus, he also helps with concerts and jazz performance.

"Well, it's one more hour and then we can go get food." She assures me, gently pushing my arm. When I don't say anything, she shoots me The Look. To please her, I send her a forced and over-the-top smile. "That's better. Now, get back to work because I see Austin coming."