Chapter 17 - Welcome home

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* My eyes snapped open and I suddenly awake in a cold sweat, my sheets were soaked with sweat. I shiver as I realise that I'm not covered in my blanket and clutch for it but it's no longer on the bed. Sitting up dazed I look around and am flooded with familiarity. I see my posters of my favourite bands lining the walls and my phone sitting on my bedside table.

I reach for it to see the time. It reads 7.36am on Monday morning. The background is of Rylie my beautiful pink and grey galah cockatoo sitting in a tree. Swinging my legs over the bed I unplug my phone and make my way to the door. My blanket is on the floor so I quickly pick it up and throw it back onto the bed.

Clutching the door knob I swing it open and head for the bathroom. My sister is standing by the mirror inspecting her face and give me an acknowledging nod and continues on.  It was all a dream... Luca was not my mystifying mate, Werewolves don't exist and I'm not a cheetah.

It's Monday morning so I proceed to get ready for the day ahead of me at school. It felt so real, like I was experiencing a different life. Saddened by loosing what I never had I shuffle through my morning routine distracted by the events that took place in my head the night just gone. Before I know it I'm on the bus on route to school. The bus pulls up out the front and all the students, including myself shuffle off.

I see my friend Steph waiting by the school gate and I rush over to her eager to tell her about the unusual dream I experienced. She laughs and tells that it sounds like an amazing an crazy dream to have. As I head through the gate a guy that I've never seen catches my eye from across the yard. I don't know what it is about him but something seems eerily familiar. He diverts his intense stare from me when he realises that I was looking... creepy.

I make my way to my first class with Steph and we go straight in an sit down. After waiting for 5 minutes or so the teacher walks in with that strange kid I saw earlier. The teacher introduces him as Lucas but he butts in and says 'but you can call me Luca!' A chill goes through me and I rub my arms to ease the goosebumps that appeared.

The teacher tells him to find a seat and he sits in the empty seat directly behind me. Class begins and he leans over tapping my shoulder. 'I couldn't help but over hear you earlier, that dream you had last night sounded... unique' My heart feels like it could've stopped... how did he hear me. He was on the other side of the yard. I gulp and look back at him. My skin prickles with goosebumps again as I realise why he seemed familiar. He was THE Luca from my dream, WHAT IS GOING ON!

~END~
(sorry it sucks XD)