Time Control

Xelor and Ardin were standing opposite to each other. Xelor spoke "Alright Ardin how about we do a simple time stopping spell, Something to note about time magic is that it does not work on other chronomancers. First you must raise your arm so your hand is in front of your face, then clench your hand as if you are grabbing a pocket watch." Xelor did what he had described and a pocket watch appeared in his hand.

"This is the tool that you will need for a simple spell, a physical chronomacers watch will be provided in your dorm room. To stop time press the button at the top." He said as Ardin started to mimic his actions, after a few failures he finally conjured the watch and pressed the button. Upon the pressing of said button a whoosh was heard and everything around Ardin stopped, barring Xelor and himself of course. Flames from the pyromancers stopped dancing, dust stopped falling from the terramancers constructs and the wind stopped blowing from aeromancers.

"Great job Ardin!" Xelor said happily.

"Now press the button again to resume time." He said but Ardin was very giddy and did not hear him. This caused Xelor to facepalm and snap his fingers.

"Press the button again to resume time!" He said in a louder tone, snapping Ardin out of his trance.

"Oh? Uh sorry Mr. Xelor" Ardin said before pressing the button again, causing the flames to dance and the dust to fall and the wind to blow.

After the little training session the students were guided to their dorm rooms, Ardin was lead away from the others to a brass coloured door, when he entered the room said door led to he found it was quite spacey, the floor was made of what seemed to be oak wood, the walls had a brass colouration while the ceiling seemed to be made of brass, there was a bed on the left side of the room, it was a single bed with a white fitted sheet and a grey duvet, the pillows had white pillow slips on them. The windows had no curtains but rather blinds that seemed to be made of some sort of dark wood, they were not suspended by strings but magic, on the wall opposite to the bed was a clock hung on the wall the time it read was 36 past four, it was obviously Pm but the clock did not have a dial or anything like that for Am or Pm.
On the bedside table laid a brass pocket watch, the cover was closed on it and had Ardins initials on it, which were A.H. When he opened it he found a clock face reading the same time as the clock on the wall but the display seemed to be held by magic.

Ardin pressed the button and sure enough the whoosh was heard, he picked up an object and dropped it, it slowed to a halt around 5 centimetres from Ardins hand "Neat" he said before putting the object back where it was and resuming time. Ardin closed the cover on the watch and put it back, before getting dressed into his sleepwear and climbing into bed.

Hey guys, Corporal Sarcasm with a new chapter, I hope you like it!