Betrayal

Ardin with Xelor in tow dashed out the classroom into a ruined corridor, there was no one trapped as the Chronomancer area was rarely walked through by people that are not Chronomancers. The two walked on the suspended rubble as if it were a staircase, outside was Chronon, the black cloak now nowhere to be seen. He wore a brass coloured armour almost overflowing with time magic, there was no helmet.

Suddenly Xelor threw Ardin at Chronon, a sinister look on his face as his former student flew towards Chronon's brass sword. Then it all stopped, Ardin stopped flying at the sword, Chronon stopped absolutely and so did Xelor. It was a true stopping of time. Only Ardin was conscious at that moment.

In a billow if black shadowy smoke Himelora appeared, a smirk on her face as she looked at the ragdolled position Ardin was in. "You can move you know" she said with a slight chuckle, prompting a surprised look from Ardin who immediately corrected himself in the air with an embarrassedm look on his face.

"How is time stopped for those two? That have their watches" Ardin asked, a confused expression taking over his embarrassed one.

"Ah that, you instinctually activated your time stopping magic which when used even with a watch that is not able to harness the true power of Dark Chronomancy can stop Chronomancers with normal watches." Himelora explained.

Ardin was noticeably confused, Himelora laughed at his expression and took a dark brass pocket watch from god knows where and handed it to Ardin, taking the old watch and crushing it, along with the small sword inside it. The sword was actually the firsts thing to break, Xelor had probably been planning to kill Ardin with Chronon for some time now.

"That watch is the Umbralis Chronoctium, one of the rarest artefacts in our order and one of the pieces of Umbralis, legendary artefacts that only someone with a compatible Umbrakinetic magic type like yourself can use." Himelora explained as Ardin examined the Umbralis Chronoctium with a dominating feeling of curiosity brimming in his body.

"What are the other pieces?" He asked, his curiosity directed at something other than his new watch.

"The others would be the Umbralis Pyreia which is the Umbrakinetic Pyromancy piece, the Umbralis Electria which is the Umbrakinetic Electromancy piece, the Umbralis Cryoctus which is the Umbrakinetic Cryomancy piece, the Umbralis Terrapuctia which is the Umbrakinetic Terramancy piece and the final piece is the Umbralis Photonia which is the Umbrakinetic Photomancy piece." Himelora explained with great accuracy as if she had recited the names and what each one is over and over

"Either way we need to get you and the Pyromancer out of here, it is not safe. But first we must deal with these fools." She said before pointing at Ardin.

"Use the Umbralis Chronoctium, steal their time on the planet for yourself and increase the time you have on this planet" Himelora said.

Ardin held his watch out towards Chronon and invoked the magic within himself. He willed it to steal the life from Chronon who was dedicated to killing him. Something amazing happened.

Hey guys, heres another chapter for you, how did you like that twist? Gonna be working on a new chapter soon so look forward to that.