Battle

Ardin was in the magical combat class, which was barely anything more than a lecture hall with a arena. The teacher was named Ms. Sanderland. She was an Electromancer, a lightning mage and was teaching the students how to fight with magic. After a brief explanation the first battle was chosen, Ardin vs Sapphire.

When they got to the stage Ardin took out his chronomancers watch, the one he got in his room and opened it, preparing a spell. Sapphire created an ice spear. Both of them had a magical shield that was awakened in the Mages finding Ceremony and was tracked by bars that were above their head and in the bottom left of their view, not unlike a video game. Ardin pressed the button on his watch as soon as the battle started and the first thing he noticed was ice had started to form around his feet, he walked out of it as it was not strong enough to hold him at the stage it was at and he walked in front of Sapphire. Ardin then released the only offensive chronomancy spell he knew, time sword summoning.

When he cast it a sword not unlike a minute hand from a clock appeared with a handle, though the size of a longsword, something to note is that the minute hand from the chronomancers watch disappeared. Ardin then started a barrage of attacks against Sapphire until the shield was at 5% signifying the match was over 'I need to set some rules for myself to make matches fair' he thought to himself before dispelling the sword and resuming time. The surprise on Sapphire's face was priceless. Both of them went back to their seats after Ms. Sanderland declared the match over. Sapphire complimented him on his fighting abilities but when Salamander saw him she pulled him into a bear hug.

"You were great Ardin! How the hell did ye move so fast!" She borderline yelled.

"I stopped time" Ardin said, gasping for air before Salamander put him down and the lesson continued with a few more matches

Hey guys sorry for the shorter chapter, I have had a writers block so I decided to write a fight while I thought of a place for the plot to go