Magic teachings

Ardin sat in the mostly empty bronze coloured lecture hall, listening to Xelor speaking about Chanted magic, a vastly more powerful variant than the normal Chantless spells yet vastly more magic consuming and vastly more difficult to learn and cast in a fight. "Though Chanted magic seems like it would be the far better alternative to Chantless spells they have many downsides. One is the magic power consumption. Each word of the chant leeches your power, turning it into the spell you are casting. This can be especially troublesome for spells with long chants, such as Time Tear, Time Tear as the name suggests creates a tear in time which sends your opponent to a different point in the past, forcing them to float amongst the stream of time until it gets back to the part of time where they got sucked into the Time Tear in the first place, making it possible for someone to be trapped for a second to over a Billion years" Xelor explained, somehow not needing to take a breath in the whole speech.

"What about rune magic?" Ardin asked, curiosity flashing in his eyes.

"Ah yes, Rune magic. Rune magic is the third magic type. People who practice Rune magic include the early Norsemen and the vikings, though it had nary any effect back then. In our time runes need to be made by people with high affinity to their magic and can even be used to modify another's magic to make it more powerful by adding their own. Like Ice and Fire creates a blue Iceflame, though Ice and Fire can combine there is barely anything else that can combine with those elements." He spoke, waiting for Ardin to ask a new question to teach the answer of.

"What about Umbra Magic?" Ardin asked, thinking back to the woman who had given him the Umbrakinetic Chronomancers Watch with Umbra runes on it.

"Umbramancy is another name for Dark magic or Shadow magic. The runes made by a Dark mage can modify any element and make it vastly more powerful and more destructive. Though those who use Umbramancy are few these days and are hard to come by, meaning those with the ability to increase the power of others magic universally are also few." Xelor explained, wondering how his student even knew about Umbra magic as it was not common knowledge.

Suddenly a terrific crash was heard accompanied by a woosh, Xelor got a scared expression as we all know who our antagonist is. "Chronon" he said gravely, inciting a scared but secretly intrigued look on Ardin's face.

"C-Chronon?! Why would he attack here?!" Ardin yelled, a surprisingly realistic tone of fear engraved in his words. 'Maybe I can finally try out my Umbrakinetic Chronomancy' he thought, excited for the chance to try his dark time magic.

Hey guys, another chapter for you. Stay tuned to find out what Ardin will do with his superior time magic against Chronon.