Niran

M plopped down next to Kongpob. He didn't even see Arthit glaring at him across from the cafeteria table. Kongpob smirked at Arthit's jealous frowny expression and then turned to M expectantly.

"I just saw your father walking to the president's office and he looked pretty serious," M blurted out. "What's happening?"

Kongpob looked at Arthit in alarm and they scrambled up in unison. They left behind a confused M as they hurried from the cafeteria. 

"Man, Kong gets a boyfriend and suddenly I'm invisible," M grumbled to himself as he picked at the food in the trays they left behind.

Kongpob and Arthit creeped up to the door of the President's office. They tried to listen intently, but could only hear murmuring. 

The door suddenly opened and Kongpob's father looked at them in surprise.

"Dad, what happened?" Kongpob asked right away. 

Prassakorn gave him a pitying look. "They're gonna have a vote next week. Our only chance is to discredit Theeravit."

Kongpob gave his dad a determined look. "We'll try to help."

Prassakorn clapped him on the shoulder and walked away. 

Kongpob turned to walk back, Arthit by his side. They walked together silently as they both thought what they could do.

"Let's go to the library," Kongpob said. Arthit followed him silently. 

Kongpob sat in front of a computer and searched for the school policy. His eyes scanned the paragraphs while Arthit's leg bounced nervously. 

Arthit felt Kongpob still his knee with a firm hand. "You're distracting me, P." 

"Sorry. Did you find anything?" Arthit asked nervously.

Kongpob turned to the screen and his eyes jumped at something. "Okay, it says that teachers who are homosexuals are expelled because they have to set an example, but it doesn't say anything about engineers." 

Arthit looked down sadly, "That's messed up anyway." He looked at Kongpob with a serious expression, "In any case, if Nong Nin's father is really powerful that distinction may not matter."

Kongpob held Arthit's hand under the table. "We'll think of something. A guy that throws his power around like this can't be so clean."

"You're right."

Kongpob and Arthit turned simultaneously towards the voice. A girl with long black hair and black eye shadow was standing there. She was part of Nin's clique, the emo part, and it put Kongpob on edge. 

The girl stared at their joined hands and Arthit let go nervously. "Don't worry. I want to help you," she said softly. 

"Why would you want to help us? Aren't you Nong Nin's friend?" Arthit asked suspiciously.

The girl shrugged. "I heard that they're thinking of expelling you. I think everyone's heard by now. Nin's gone too far this time."

"It's only been 15 minutes," Kongpob said incredulously. 

The girl chuckled. "The President's secretary is my mom and she's a chatty Cathy." The girl bit her lip apologetically.

"Well, how can you help?" Arthit asked, straight to the point as usual. 

"Here," the girl said as she handed him a card. It had a phone number on it. 

"What is that?" Kongpob asked. He frowned as he took it from Arthit's hand.