Chapter 13: Not much a secret

AN: Omg, what's happening? 3 new chapters in one day?! Yes, you heard me right. I had a burst of ideas the other night and prewrote 3 chapters. I was going to space them out and give myself time to write more but honestly, I think I'm more impatient to post them than you guys are to read them. Some fun stuff happens this chapter so let's get a conversation going! Enjoy!

- B

POV Josie

I wake up to the warmth of the sun on my face and the heat of Hope's body against mine.

This is what I missed most about Mystic Falls. Waking up to Hope in my arms and watching her chest rise and fall as she sleeps peacefully.

I spend a few minutes just staring. I feel a twinge of guilt when I see the dark circles under Hope's eyes. Probably from sleepless nights painting or running in the woods.

My eyes then travel down to her lips. Soft, pink and just so kissable.

I don't want to wake Hope but I can't help myself. I snuggle closer to Hope and gently place my lips against hers.

I pull away only to be greeted by Hope's bright blue eyes.

"Good morning love," Hope says in a husky voice.

That too I missed.

"Good morning beautiful." I smile.

Hope leans back in to kiss me. This time her hand traces my body.

Hope pulls away to look at me.

"I've missed you." Hope softly says.

"I've missed you too." I touch my forehead against hers.

"But this can't happen again, Hope."

A frown forms on Hope's face.

I slowly get up feeling Hope's arms fall off my body.

"I thought we were having a good time?" I hear the hurt and confusion in her voice.

"We were," I put on my top and turn to face Hope.

"But we broke up for a reason Hope. Last night was great and I missed you I really did but we can't do this."

"Is this because of Penelope?" Jealousy pierces Hope's words.

"What? No, why would you think that?" I'm taken back by the accusation.

"I'm assuming it wasn't a coincidence you and your ex came back to school on the same day at the same time. You've also been spending a lot of time with her lately."

At this point, Hope is sitting up facing me.

"No, Hope, I'm not back together with Penelope. Nothing ever happened between us." I watch Hope's suspicious eyes soften.

"The reason we went to Europe was because there was a coven of witches there that could help Lizzie and I and they just happen to be Penelope's coven. I had no idea until I got there. We ended up spending a lot of time together but she knew I was still in love with you so she respected that."

I know I don't have to defend myself but the last thing I want to do is hurt Hope more.

"You're still in love with me?" Hope raises her eyebrows.

I roll my eyes at the fact that that's all Hope got from my point.

"Of course, I'm still in love with you Hope. I have been for the longest time and I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop." I admit.

"Then why do you keep running away?" Hope narrows her eyes.

"I already told you, Hope. I'm not running away. I'm just making sure you don't have to plan a funeral for another person in your life." The last part comes out harsher than I intend it to.