Chapter 7: The Merge p1

AN: Hey guys! Don't worry, I didn't forget today's update. I've been busy filming a documentary today so I didn't get a chance to upload the new chapter. Anyways, I realized that I unintentionally lined up the story to last night's episode hahaha. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, don't worry, I didn't put in any spoilers for the episodes but I will say a lot of similar things are covered. I also realized that as I was writing this chapter it became much longer than I expected so I split it into two part. That's enough chitchat for now. Enjoy!

- B

Flashback

"What's the big binder for?" Lizzie looked up from her desk and nosily asked.

The binder that Penelope had given Josie before she left had been sitting on Josie's desk for the last week.

"Oh, Penelope gave it to me before she left." Josie tried to brush it off like it was nothing.

"Satan gave that to you?" Lizzie emphasized the Satan part.

"Okay, she's not here anymore and I'm with Hope now. You don't need to keep calling her by these mean names." Josie snapped back.

This caught Lizzie off guard.

"Okay fine. But still. Why would she give you something that ugly before leaving?" Lizzie asked with genuine curiosity.

"She said there was something in there I should read but I haven't opened it yet." Josie honestly answered.

"But are you going to?" Lizzie pressed.

"I'm not sure. I have to finish this assignment before class Lizzie." Annoyance started to seep into Josie's voice.

Not knowing what had gotten into her sister Lizzie decided to turn her focus back to her school work.

The whole time Josie was working she constantly eyed the binder.

Josie didn't want to know what was inside but if it was anything like the letter Penelope gave her she felt like she should look inside before it was too late.

A part of her was scared it would be something bad and could potentially ruin her life but Penelope wouldn't leave her with devastating information like that right?

Josie spent the rest of the day distracted by the binder sitting on her desk.

Instead of meeting Hope for dinner like she usually did Josie rushed to her room and closed the door.

Josie hesitantly stared at the binder before she walked over to her desk and grabbed it.

She walked over to her bed and slowly opened it.

Josie then felt a vibration come from her pocket.

It was a text from Hope.

"Where are you?"

Josie didn't want to worry Hope so she quickly sent a response.

"Just have something I have to do. Be there soon <3"

Josie placed her phone facing down on her bed and started to skim through the binder.

Josie was in awe of all the things written down. Some were funny like MG writing about his crush on Lizzie and others disturbing like Emma talking about having conflicting feelings for Dorian and her dad. Josie made a mental note to go back to the last one.

After some extensive page flipping, Josie finally came across what Penelope had mentioned. The Merge.

What her dad had written was vague. All he seemed to constantly say was that it was something specific to witches in the Gemini Coven and that Caroline, their mother, was still looking for the cure.