Chapter 18

Ella's POV

I can tell we're overwrought, I can tell we're ready. We just want him to make the first move. We're too scared to do it ourselves: we don't want to put ourselves in danger. I've been hearing 'The final countdown' on repeat from Louise's bunk for the last three day, I is driving me mad but I do think it is appropriate. We are all on tenterhooks waiting for monsters unsure of our places, splitting hairs and I'm sitting right here trying to find anything I can from this book on Greek myths. There are so many monsters in here, it doesn't bear thinking about but we are none the wiser as to which of them David Ridley has on his payroll.

Louise, Artemis and some of her attendants are staking out David Ridley's cabin in Cowes in hopes of discovering what monsters await us. Though, according to Louise, all they are is supremely bored. I've been trying to enjoy the scenery but let me tell you that is impossible when you know your sister is not that far from your mortal enemy. We all want something to happen, we're just not sure what and I have a feeling that when it does, my sister and I will be at its centre. After all, it is us and Pegasus that David Ridley wants. I've been spending a lot of time mind speaking with Pegasus too. Though he is no replacement for my sister, he is a good a companion and he, of course, has the most knowledge about how the bridle works.

The bridle, once worn, ties him to a descendant of Bellorophon. We are the first case of it ever being descendants, allowing him to mind speak with us and often instruct and order him as well. The bridle also brings ancestral memories from Bellorophons line to the surface. Although, those are ours independent of Pegasus and if the bridle left his head, we will still have them they will just be harder to reach. Pegasus thinks it is important we know this in case the bridle has to come off at any time during the upcoming fight.

"We must know our own strengths and weaknesses in order to focus on our enemies" he instructs me and as our second most experienced battle leader, I am inclined to agree with him.