Chapter 19

Artemis' POV

A/N this is going to be fun. I'm saying no more.

Nobody knew the virgin goddess had a romantic streak she mused. In ancient Greek times that would've been a paradox. But then in ancient Greek times people had yet to wake up to the fact that women had the ability to have a sexual attraction towards one another, the way men had. No, people was the wrong word for after all women knew as they had always known. Sappho had written poems about it on the island of Lesbos, and men would've been scandalised to know what had went on the women's quarters of some houses or perhaps they wouldn't. Her own brother for instance hadn't been that scandalised when he came across them together in the woods and helped of course after the accident, understanding what it was like to have a lover's life on your conscience. But she didn't think that even Apollo would have thought that the love could be so crushing that it would take thousands of years for her to feel any stirrings at all, and now she was as besotted as a mortal under her adopted sisters spell. She didn't care and soon her plan would be put in to action and she will see Amelia for the first time.

Back to the task in hand. She liked her current companions. They were friendly and to be honest, she like joining them in knocking David Ridley down a few pegs. The guy was so laughable; who wouldn't? She noticed the door opening and got in to her starting positions. It hadn't taken her attendants long to realise the same thing and Louise had been ready before all of them.

"No time for romance now" she told herself "first, the matter in hand. Let's give this guy some girl power."