Chapter 23

David's POV

As he waited for the boar to come back, having successfully terrified the two upstart girls in to realising who they were dealing with, his mind wondered back to where this all began. About 6 months ago he had been a normal Scottish business man, only interested in running his clothes shop. It had been sometime later when a friends kids, who he had been babysitting, persuaded him to watch 'Despicable me' them. He had enjoyed the film immensely and saw himself in the position of Gru; a man who wanted things under his control and under his power but was not inherently evil. Sometime later, he had been reading through his ancestry on one of those DNA websites when he realised that many of his ancestors had written about or painted the hero Bellerophon. In a personal letter between one of his ancestors and his wife, they had discussed the fact they were of the line of Bellerophon. Which he had known by then that meant related to.

His interest peaked. He then read the myth of Bellerophon and any academic work he could find on it. These reading stirred something in him; the legacy of his ancestors and they were all urging him to find the bridle. He know exactly what he would do it. He intended to finish the work Bellerophon started and make himself a god. Sometime later he had realised that this wasn't so easy and decided that the only way he was going to achieve his goal was by starting a cult. So he decided to go somewhere nobody from Scotland would ever pick up on him – the Isle of Wight. He would restyle himself Goliath, master of the saddle, seeker of the bridle, future god, and his plans would all come together this week.