Chapter 22

Louise's POV

Well I guess were back on the battleground. My sister and I are walking the island looking for disturbances of the monstrous kind, lazily moving toward the hut in Cowes, knowing that not only is that the meeting ground for the monsters, but also where the mess we created started. We've been cleaning up on our way, retracing our steps and trying to make everything we've just destroyed return to normal, but really we're thinking about the stymphalian birds and our other enemies that we have no idea about. We know that in the next, he's going to throw everything at us trying to win the bridle, Pegasus and as he sees it, the chance to become a god. I know that includes coming up to meet us himself, not that that particularly scares me. It is more laughable than villainous. However, it does hurt to think about all the innocent people that will get in our way and quite possibly have their lives destroyed because of it.

Bellorophon  was never the best hero. His arrogance was probably the most obvious of all the heroes fatal flaws; certainly more obvious than Perseus' impulsiveness or Theseus' ability to trick. The only more obvious fatal flaw is Odysseus who had a talent for rubbing people up the wrong way. Every heroes line ,because they all have one no matter how distantly related to them, carried that heroes fatal flaw in bigger or smaller amounts.

Over the last few days, I've been starting to understand what the actual prophecy means some of it is fairly obvious, like the part about 'dishonouring our line and that of the gods' is obviously David Ridley. I mean who want him as a god, the guy is obviously a psycho. But the 'even greater than the forbearers' bit, though you wouldn't know it if you just knew the prophecy is about us being twins because we balance out each other. My arrogance is balanced out by her humility – her timidity by my confidence, it's why we work well together and why we are great.

I lookat my sister, struck again by how lucky I am to have her.