1

Thank god. It's intermission.

That's all I could think to myself as I quickly walked off stage. Intermission was my favourite time of the show. I got to relax for a bit, actually eat something, and allow myself some release from this god damn corset. Intermissions were especially a saving grace on double show days, like today.

Once I reached my dressing room I threw myself down on the couch and let a huge sigh of relief out. I swung my pink dress up over me, allowing me to stretch out comfortably. I even kicked off my shoes. I was going to make the most of these 15 minutes. Whoever thinks it's easy to be in Hamilton has got another thing coming. I wouldn't change this roll for the world but sometimes it's extremely tiring.

Shortly after I arrived in the room, Hannah walked in with a smile and sat gracefully in the arm chair next to me. Her short brown hair fell in front of her face as she looked over at me and she fiddled with the hem on the sleeves of her blue dress.

"These are the days that I'm glad God created the intermission," she said with a light chuckle.

"I can't even imagine how you feel. I'm on stage less than you and I still long for intermission," I commented agreeing with her. Hannah was the Eliza to my Angelica, bother literally and metaphorically. We both got casted fairly close together and had been inseparable since starting on the tour. She also legitimately played Eliza, while I had the pleasure of being Angelica.

She closed her eyes as she smiled, "Don't let me fall asleep, because I will."

"Double show days, eh?" I laughed as she nodded slowly. I reached for my bottle of water, taking a sip. The first act was always intense for me. The second act I had a bit more of a break, well physically anyways. Definitely not emotionally.

Just then Paul came in, knocking sharply on the door jam. This startled Hannah out of her brief nap, as we both planted our gaze on him.

"Got a major heads-up for you ladies," he commented with a huge grin, adjusting his cuffs as he stood there. I was jealous that his costume changes were so easy. I guess that was one of the bonuses to playing George Washington.

"Well spill the beans daddy-o!" I replied with a hint of sarcasm. Paul was very much the "dad" of our company; making sure everyone was in line, in the right place, at practices on time, dressed properly, warmed up, and ready to go.

His laugh boomed at my response.

"We have a very very special guest in the audience at the show this evening. I'll give you each a guess as to who it is."

"Queen Elizabeth!" Hannah squealed. We rolled our eyes and he shook his head.

"Yes, the Queen came all the way from London to Detroit to see little old us."

Hannah giggled softly "Well it was worth a shot."

I hmm-ed and ha-ed for a few seconds.

"Is it...one of the Kardashian's?" I literally had no clue who this guest could possibly be. I don't even like the Kardashian family, but they were the first people that popped in my head.

"Wow...both of your guesses are awful." He commented with a scoff.

"Okay genius, then who the hell is it!?" I responded, sick and tired of his teasing.

"Well I'll just say this...you can thank him for the job when you see him." He said with a wink.

Hannah squealed softly and covered her face.

"SHUT UP!" she screamed at him and stood up from her chair.

"Lin is actually coming to this show?!" I questioned.

I had met Lin before when I had originally gotten the roll with the company. He had been at a couple of the practice sessions in New York. I was always excited to see him as we got along pretty well. He was extremely talented and humble, always wanting to see how the casts were doing. He was a busy man so it was shocking to hear he was coming from New York to Detroit to see our production. I was one of the youngest girls to play Angelica thus far, so I was always thankful to Lin for creating such an amazing show and having a team that was willing to take a chance on me.

"Well that just made the rest of this show a lot easier!" Hannah jumped around. I watched as she jumped around happily. Paul shook his head as he continued down the hall.

If anything, this made me more anxious. Performing Lin's show, in front of Lin?

We will see how this goes.