17

Unfortunately, after our night together, Daveed had to leave early in the morning to get back to LA. I was always sad to see him go and always pined for the next time I would get to see him.
The remaining week in Detroit went off without a hitch. On the Tuesday I did the interview and photo-spread with the local arts magazine. Ivy was there on set with me. She was so supportive during the whole thing and helped me to answer some of the questions. This interview was a much better experience. They mostly asked about my experiences in theatre growing up and how I got on the Hamilton cast.
The last show was a Sunday. To thank her for her help, I gave Ivy tickets to the show. She joined the cast and I for drinks afterwards and we said our goodbyes after that. Even though I was moving on with the tour she insisted that she stay on as my manager, which I was beyond thankful for. With my 'relationship' with Daveed becoming more apparent there was bound to be more news or gossip outlets looking for interviews and such. I knew I needed all the help and support I could get and I trusted Ivy with my soul.
The next stop in the tour was Rochester. Seeing these new places always helped me to appreciate the opportunity the tour was giving me.
Rochester seemed to go by in a blur. Between working most of the shows,  spending my days off with Daveed, and hanging out with other cast members, I had almost no life.
Daveed would come see me or I would go see him. We would spend our time exploring the local area and the rest of the time in bed together. Interviews were few and far between as Ivy was denying most since they only wanted information on the status of Daveed and I. The few that I did had been good though. Getting my name out there was always an advantage for after my time with Hamilton was up.
The next tour city was East Lansing, all the way back to Michigan. As we reached our destination a flu hit the cast. Living and travelling in close quarters was bound to do this. It ravaged through most of the swings before hitting a few of the principal  cast members, including myself and Hannah.
Hannah's was bad enough that she had to take a couple days off. But I insisted on pushing through mine, since I was on stage less often than her. I fought off the nausea as best I could, saving it for intermissions. Most times I was throwing up in the morning when I woke, before the show, and even after.
Hannah was back and better while this sickness was still holding tight to me. One day I walked into the dressing room in our second week at East Lancing. She turned and looked at me.
"You're still sick?" she asked with a concerned look.
I nodded my head before I gave myself a once over in the mirror. My face was pale and my eyes sunken, dark circles encompassing them. My hair was incredibly disheveled.
"I guess so, it just won't leave me alone..." I trailed off as I sat down beside her.
"Are you sure it's just the flu? Maybe you should see a doctor. This is going on for you longer than it has anyone else."
I nodded in agreement with her. I pulled out my phone and texted Ivy, asking her to find me a doctor in the area and get me in for an appointment as soon as possible.
This just had to be a really bad flu...right?