9

The remainder of the week dragged on, as much as I wanted it to fly by. When there was off time, Hannah was at my apartment helping me pull together outfits for my trip to LA to see Daveed. When she wasn't over, I was texting or calling Daveed when he was free.

Saturday finally arrived and I woke early to finish packing and head to the theatre. Saturday's were double show days, so I was going to catch a late-night flight from Detroit to LA. The afternoon show was easy, we had a quick rehearsal before the show, and it went off without a hitch.

The night show seemed to drag on and on. It wasn't that it was going bad, my head was just lost in thoughts and preoccupied by the fact that I got to see Daveed again shortly. He was allowing me to stay at his place for the weekend and I was excited to see him and experience LA for the first time.

The show ended and I quickly ran backstage to change and gather the other belongings I had there. I gave Hannah and Steph hugs before leaving and hopped in my pre-arranged Uber to get to the airport. My heart was beating insanely as I got onto the plane, bound to see Daveed.

I was too excited on the flight to sleep. I simply just listened to music and tried to keep still. My knees bounced with anxiousness, the man beside me kept giving me irritated looks. I gave my best apologetic look, despite not feeling that bad for my nerves getting to me.

When the plane finally landed, I almost ran off the plane. I sped-walked through the terminal and toward the security exit where Daveed promised to be waiting for me. I rounded the corner and saw him immediately. He had on a ball hat, a grey sweater, paired with a pair of khaki jeans.

I ran through the turnstile and jumped into his grasp. He chuckled softly as he held me tightly.

"I know you said this isn't a serious thing, but I'm still really excited to see you," I laughed as I spoke in his ear.

"Nah it's cool," he responded as he set me down. "I'm happy to see you too."

I looked up at him and smiled widely.

"I only have one checked bag so it shouldn't take long." He nodded in response and we moved toward the luggage carousel to get my suitcase.

Once I retrieved the turquoise suitcase with my tags on it, I insisted that Daveed lead the way, as I was unfamiliar with the layout of LAX.

"I ordered an Uber so it should just be waiting out here." He pointed to the line of cars outside. "I'll give you a fair warning. Paparazzi love to hang out around here, so be prepared if there are any to be bombarded or at least photographed." I nodded nervously as he took my hand to lead me through the crowd of people lingering around the doors and outside.

We hopped in the black SUV with ease and were one our way fast enough. I let a relieved sigh go and looked over at him.

"That is my first experience with paparazzi." Daveed shook his head and chuckled softly.

"Well, you get used to it living in LA. They seem to be everywhere." He commented as we settled into our drive.

We reached his apartment fairly quickly, and I was thankful as I was extremely tired. He carried my luggage in and I followed close behind.

"Welcome to my lovely abode," he said as he set the luggage down in the living room. I glanced around quickly, taking in the modern feel of his place.

"You have a beautiful spot," I complimented as I sat on the couch.

"You are probably dead tired, huh?" he assumed as he sat down beside me. I nodded my head and let my eyes shut softly as I hummed contently to myself. I let my eyes open slowly and glanced over at him. He smiled gently as he placed a hand on my knee.

"I hope you don't mind that I want to catch some z's right away," I said as I sat up before I crashed on the couch. Daveed shook his head and stood up.

"It's up to you where you sleep. You can sleep in my guest room or you can sleep with me."

A lump formed in my throat as I blushed softly. Why was this such a hard decision? I wouldn't mind getting to sleep beside Daveed, cuddled into his warm, sculpted body. But we have only known each other for just over a week...is that reason enough not to sleep with someone?

"Maybe tonight I'll sleep in the guest room? I'm beat and when I'm this tired I snore and am an absolute nightmare to sleep with." I chuckled softly, slightly embarrassed but that was the truth. Daveed smiled softly and nodded his head.

"That's cool. I have some work to catch up on too, so I don't wanna keep you awake. I'll take your stuff in for you though." He said as he grabbed my bag and led me to the guest room.

This room definitely doubled as an office, as a well put together and well used desk was propped in the corner. It was covered in books and papers. The bed was queen size, covered in an ornate black and white comforter with matching throw pillows. The black curtains were drawn tightly, blocking out the city lights.

"Bathroom is down the hall, second door on the right. Use anything you like, make yourself at home."

"Thank you Daveed, I appreciate it." I spoke softly as I stepped up to him and planted a kiss gently on his full lips, grinning into it. I pulled away and sat on the bed comfortably.

"It's no problem Soph. I'll see you in the morning. I'll make breakfast and then we can do some sight seeing."

"Goodnight," my voice said quietly as I glanced at him intently.

"Goodnight beautiful," his voice, laced with softness, said as he backed out of the room and shut the door, leaving me to sleep and contemplate if this was real life right now. Am I dreaming?

A/N: I know I romised chapters daily but I worked 14 hours yesterday, with no access to my computer, and I was dead tired when I got home so I played RDR2 and went to bed. 

Hope the few of you reading this are enjoying :) feel free to message me/comment and say hi!