16:Couldn't Care Less

Miyoung's POV

I tell him that Donghyuck and I are dating and his face falls. No...

"Chenle, let me explain." I lean in towards him and he just stares at my bed.

"Why? S-Since when?" His eyes look into mine.

I grab his hand with both of my hands and hold it tight. "I want you to know that I really do like him, okay."

"Okay." He says quickly.

"Well, after Donghyuck and I left you and Jisung the other day, he brought me to his family farm and I just really started to know who he was...and really started to like him."

His head lifts up.

"And he met my brother..it was kinda a lot but then we came here and just started talking. And I really got to know him."

"He is pretty cool." Chenle smiles.

"He is." I smile with him. "And we went out to eat, then we went to the lake...and he just kissed me."

"Really?" Chenle continues to smile.

"Yea. And then we said that we liked each other. Then we decided that we were dating."

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Well, we didn't want it to be a big deal, and I just, I don't know, we'd rather people just found out on their own. So if you can, please just don't tell anyone. Especially Jisung since he's so protective of me, I just really don't want someone other than Donghyuck or I to tell him ya know?"

"Yea. I get it. It's just weird since you always say that he's so annoying and whatever. But it seemed like right when the school year ended you like had a whole different outlook and connection with him."

"Because I got to know him."

"That's valid." He laughs a little bit. "I guess I just never expected it."

"Honestly, me neither, until recently." I smile.

"Wait, are you going out with him today?" Chenle raises an eyebrow.

I nod my head. "Yea, he said he'd be here around 11."

"Ok." He checks his phone. "It's 9:00. Do you want me to leave so you can get ready?" He jokes.

"No, I'll only need like maybe an hour." I laugh.

"Okay." He looks at my bed, then back at me. "Question."

"Go ahead." I lean back on my arms.

"Do you ever feel, like, you wish you just understood something better? Like why something started, or why something happened?"

I think about my dad. "Yea, why?"

"Oh, I don't know, I just, have been feeling that way lately."

"About...?" I shake my head.

"Just my family. They've been cutting down on buying things, like not getting as many random, impulse things."

"That's weird." I say confused. "Maybe they're realizing just how many impulse things they're buying." I smile.

"Probably." He laughs. "Honestly it's kinda a relief, my sister used to get so many random things, like oh my god." He laughs.

I laugh with him.

"Anyway, I should go. I just kinda left Mina all alone since I was just in a rush." He stands up.

"CHENLE!" I yell while laughing. "SHE'S FIVE YEARS OLD!"