24: Confession

Everyone nods and slowly leaves the room.

"We're going to get something to eat, do you guys want anything?" Jisung's mom asks after everyone has left.

"No, thank you. We're good."

"Okay." She walks out of the room, followed by everyone else, and shuts the door.

Chenle and I look at each other, then down at Jisung. I feel tears burning my eyes every time I see him.

"How ya feeling? Your head must hurt." I grab his hand again.

"Everything hurts, actually." He lightly laughs through his pain, then winces because of the pain.

"Do you remember what it happened?" Chenle sits on the chair next to Jisung's hospital bed.

"Not really. I just remember walking outside and everything before that." He frowns weakly.

Chenle and I look at each other again. We want to ask the same thing, but don't want to at the same time.

There's an awkward pause as Chenle and I try to figure out how to ask our question.

Eventually, Chenle lets out a deep sigh and looks down, then back up at Jisung. "Why did you do that?" I hear him getting choked up and see a tear fall down his cheek.

I remember seeing it in my head and a tear falls down my cheek as well. I grip onto Jisung's hand a little tighter and wait for him to respond.

He gulps and closes his eyes as tears fall down his cheeks, onto his covered up cuts and passed his bruises. "I love you."

"I love you too Jisung, but please, just tell us." I wipe away my tears with my hand that isn't holding his.

"No," he looks up at me, "I'm in love with you." He looks me in my eyes.

I blink and look at Chenle, shocked.

"Wh-what?" Chenle stands up.

"When I heard you were dating Donghyuck, I felt like everything was over." His voice is raspy.

I just stand in front of him and don't say a word, I'm speechless.

"Why'd you go and do that though? If you love her, you shouldn't have hurt her like this." Chenle says a little angrily.

"When I saw Donghyuck holding her, I realized that there was no chance of me doing that anymore. I wanted to be the one that brought you off of Jeno's shoulder. I wanted to be holding you and comforting you. I just wanted to be what Donghyuck is to you." He looks at me as he says the last sentence.

There's another pause.

I'm the reason he did that. I'm the reason he wanted to end it all because he cares about me and loves me. I'm the reason my dad died. I'm the reason he died because my brother cared about me and loved me, just like Jisung. I'm the reason I'm getting these panic attacks, worrying, and having these dreams. I'm the reason everything is happening to me. I'm the one that deserves it, I deserve everything I caused.

"Miyoung, are you okay?" Chenle calls for me and I snap out of my thoughts.

I look over at him and nod my head hesitantly while trying to hold back my tears.

"Are you sure?" Jisung squeezes my hand and I'm aware of the fact that I'm still holding his.

I clear my throat and let go of his hand. "I think I'm gonna head out." I take a step back. "I'm not feeling very well and I don't want to get either of you sick in case I am." I clear my throat again.