First lessons

Amie's POV:

I woke up early, so I decided to go out for a run. It was quite chilly outside, and the sun wasn't completely up. I doubted it would even be visible today, since it seemed to be a cloudy day. I ran around the huge castle a few times, and when I was done, it was much brighter out. As I was heading back, I saw Draco sitting alone by the lake.
"Hey Draco!" I said happily, jumping down beside him. He looked at me as if I was crazy.
"What are you doing out here?" he asked me.

"I've been out running, stupid." I snorted. "How 'bout you?"
"Oh, I'm just thinking." he answered. "Running, really? Why?"
"Because I like it, that's why! Have you had any breakfast yet?"
Draco shook his head, and I was suddenly not as happy anymore.

"Draco, is something wrong? Why haven't you had breakfast? I know I'm starving, aren't you?" I said.

"Nothing's wrong, I just like the peace and quiet down here. Well, it's usually quiet, anyway." he frowned. I was getting more annoyed by the second.

"Well, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I'll just go and eat breakfast like a normal person!" I stood up and walked away from him. He grabbed my arm and spun me around.
"Ow. Let go of me, it hurts."
Draco let go of my arm straight away.
"Sorry, I just had to stop you. I didn't mean it like that, you know I can be a git sometimes. Forgive me?"

His pleading eyes were too adorable to refuse, especially when he looked so full of regret.
"Okay, Draco. I forgive you. But you need to practice on being a nice person, you know?" I laughed. "Anyway, I still need to go have breakfast, I really am starving. I could eat a horse!"

"Why in the world would you eat a horse?" Draco asked, looking very confused.
"Oh, come on. It's just a saying!" I laughed again. "Bye, Draco!"

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

When I got down to the Great Hall after I had a shower, I noticed everyone was really quiet. Did I miss something? Exactly the moment I sat down beside Hermione, babble broke out around the Hall. I took some toast with jam on and started eating it greedily, almost missing the conversation going on next to me. Apparantly, Ron had received a howler from his mum, and was now really embarrassed. Harry looked really guilty. At that moment, Professor McGonagall came with the Gryffindor's timetables. I took a look at my timetable, and we had Herbology with the Hufflepuffs first. 
"Uh, Amie?" Hermione said to me. I turned to look at her, jam hanging from the corner of my mouth. I probably looked pretty stupid. While trying to get all of it off with my tongue, Hermione asked if they could leave, since they'd already eaten, and don't want to be late for class. I nodded in response, not really paying attention because I was trying to get the bloody jam off!

When I was done with my breakfast, I ran down to the greenhouses. Harry was standing just outside greenhouse three, with none other than Gilderoy Lockhart. I hid in a bush, so he wouldn't see me. Lockhart was ranting about it being his fault that Harry flew the car to Hogwarts, and that Harry wasn't as famous as him. Was he being serious? When Lockhart walked away, Harry looked as shocked as I did, his mouth hanging slightly open. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Come on Harry, we better go inside."
"Yeah, right." he nodded.
Thankfully Professor Sprout went easy on us for being late, and we spent the lesson re-potting mandrakes. Mandrakes are ugly baby-looking plants, which can be used for restoring people who have been cursed. Since the cry of a mandrake can be fatal, we wore earmuffs. While everyone tried not to get a pink pair, I grabbed it immediately. I liked pink. Re-potting the mandrakes was really hard, so I wished I hadn't showered beforehand. All of us were sweaty at the end of the lesson, so we had to go shower before heading to Transfiguration.