Chapter 1: 5 years later

Honk!

Honk!

We heard the loud big horn sound of the car behind us. I sighed as I looked at the traffic light signal.

It was red.

Can't people be patient?

Goodness!

It was freaking red light and I was stuck in a traffic jam while driving my sister to her school. Today was her first day of her new school and she was really excited to make friends there.

I looked down to her and saw her pressing her two hands on the window and watching beautiful snowfall.

She turned her head around and saw her looking at me. Her lips parted, showing her two missing tooth, and smiled.

I smiled back and patted her head.

She was so small and meant everything to me. Looking back, when I was chasing for surviving with her, she was a baby. Just a few months old.

That was 5 years ago.

Flashbacks ran into my head as I remembered how vulnerable I was when I was captured by Waali. Waali took me with him and my sister, Aliya. That day he took me in his gang and began to train me how to shoot with guns, archery, sword fighting and self defense. He began to train me how to be a professional killer.

According to him, he told me he had a big mission for me. I told him I would kill anybody to save my sister. So, he was training me for his own needs. He even let Aliya and me to go to school and lived a regular life which was very unexpected.

I mean . . . Why would Waali let us live a life of normal people when he captured us in the first place to kill us. Heck, he might even killed our parents.

That day after I was captured, along with Aliya, I never got a chance to go back to the house that once belonged to us. I had asked Waali about it a few times and his answer was always that he believed that he had killed everybody in my family except me and my sister which he needed for his own plan.

This past years, I had been studying in highschool and collage in the day time and at night, I would go on small missions with Waali's gang where we would fight and rob houses and banks to gain money for Waali. He was training me as well but he didn't keep me away from studying as he said he had a bigger plan in his head with my studies.

I asked him a few times and of course he never answered. He told me that I would find it when the time comes.

So, this year, I finally finished college and Waali ordered me to move to Prince Edward Island and provided me money to have own apartment. He told me this was all for a mission that he had been planning.

Therefore, today, after I dropped Aliya to her school, I had to go and meet him. He told me that today was the day that he had been preparing me for his plan. He would tell me everything and he would tell me who to kill.

"Sarah!" I heard my little sister calling my name as I saw he waving her hand.

I sighed and looked at her. "Yeah?" I asked.

"Can I please have a bunny?" She asked, tilting her head and giving me the best puppy look that she always used whenever she wanted something.

I chuckled and looked at the traffic light.

It was green. I began to drive again.

"Pretty please, Sarah," she whined. "I will take care of the bunny. I promise."

"Not now, Aliya," I sighed. Plus, I didn't even had money. Waali had been providing me with an appartment and a car and according to him, he was doing it as a part of his plan. I couldn't ask him for money for a bunny.