Chapter 18: Saying 'Yes'

I stare at Layla and Sayed, open mouthed.

"You want me to get married with Eshan?" I asked.

Both Layla and Sayed nodded.

"We are not going to force you into anything," Layla said. "However, it would be nice if you would except the proposal. Eshan have rejected so many girls. However, you seam to be special to him."

"I am special?"

I didn't understand.

Eshan and I were . . .

My mind clicked back.

What were we? Yes, we have talked a few times and everything. But, does that consider friendship?

I looked at Sayed and the Layla and noticed them smiling.

"You know, Sarah,"  Sayed said. "I have never seen Eshan raised his voice against grandpa. However, if a person like him who never went aganist grandpa for 25 years and suddenly came one day to our house and have a verbal fight aganist grandpa because of you, then that means he definitely feels something for you."

I didn't know what to say.

It wouldn't be right if I say I didn't feel attracted to Eshan, but he could have any girl.

So, why me?

I looked back on the plate of food and then around.

And where was Eshan?

We were talking about him and he wasn't even there.

Layla noticed me looking around and giggled. "Aw, missing Eshan already?"

I narrowed my eyes. "No," I sighed. "We are talking about this so shouldnt Eshan be in this conversation?"

Sayed sighed. "You think he would let us talk to you if he knew that we are talking about his marriage with you?"

Layla laughed. "We just told him we wanted to talk with the woman who saved his life."

Oh, so Eshan didn't know.

I sighed.

I didn't know what to do.

Layla wanted to say something, when my phone suddenly rang.

I looked at the phone and noticed the caller ID.

It was Waali.

What was he doing calling me now?

I looked at Layla and then Sayed. They both nodded, silently signaling me to receive the phone.

I smiled and got out if the chair and held the phone near my ear and received it.

"Hello?" I said.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" I heard Waali yelling. "Why are you not accepting the marriage?!"

My eyes wided in shock.

Waali knew about this?

That means somebody must have been spying me.

I turned back and saw nobody.

This was creepy.

"LISTEN SARAH! I AM NOT GOING TO REPEAT TWICE!" Waali yelled in the phone. "JUST FUCKING ACCEPT THE MARRIAGE SO WE CAN MOVE ON WITH OUR PLAN!"

Waali's plan suddenly flashed into my head.

I remembered how me mentioned about me getting married to Eshan and then killing him in the wedding night.

I was such a brutal plan.

I didn't wanted to do it.

"Sarah, I am hating this. I got no time to waste. Either except this plan or you can have Aliya's dead body deliver to you," he said.

My eyes wided in shock.

No, I didn't want that.

Aliya meant everything to me. She was the only family member I had.

I looked back at the table and saw everybody eating and chatting. They were exceited about Eshan's wedding.

What should I do?

Aliya or Eshan?

I couldn't just choose between either of these.

"Sarah! Just do what I told you. Marry Eshan!" Waali said. "I have waste a lot of time training  pathetic woman like you. Just be useful to me once, stupid girl! Say yes to the marriage."

I slowly nodded as I could feel my eyes getting watery. "Okay," I whispered.

I could hear Waali laughing as he cut the phone call.

I looked at Layla and Sayed. I didn't wanted to do this but it was for Aliya.

I took a deep breath and went near the table and said, "Um . . . I w-want t-to say somthing . . ."

Layla and Sayed and Eshan's grandpa all looked at me.

"I agree in this marriage," I said, feeling my heart aching. It felt trapped as I said those words. "I am ready to marry Mr. Jatt."

Layla and Sayed looked at each other and smiled.

"Wow, that was fast," she laughed.

"I thought you might take ages to decide," he laughed.

"But we both are glad that you accept the marriage," he said. "We will talk to Eshan and we will talk to his parents."

"Yeah, so for now, your marriage is set," she laughed.

"But it won't be a big wedding," Eshan's grandpa said as he looked at me. "I don't approve you and you are just a middle class girl. So, I don't want to ruin my grandson's reputation. So, you will just get married the day after tomorrow-"

"The day after tomorrow?" I gasped in shock.

I didn't expect the marriage to be this soon.

It just meant that I had to prepare myself sooner to kill Eshan. It wasn't an easy task.

Eshan's grandpa nodded. "We don't have a lot of time. Layla and Sayed had to go back to their working branches. I have to be back to my working branch and Amir and his wife are busy as well. We are just going to have a small wedding in a mosque where you get married legally and Islamicly."

I didn't say anything.

I didn't had anything to say.

It was too soon to get married and let alone planning how to kill Eshan which was aganist my will.

"I know it is a little heck teck," Layla sighed. "But we will make it work."

I looked at her and nodded.

"But we are really glad you accepted the marriage proposal," Sayed said.

I sighed.

You didn't know why I accepted the marriage, Sayed.

And if you knew, you wouldn't have choose me to be Eshan's bride.

Because I wasn't getting married to Eshan to start a family.

I was getting married to kill him.

It was the only way I could save Aliya.

Yes, it was selfish.

But, Aliya meant the world to me and if killing Eshan was something I had to do . . .

I bit my lips as I felt tears forming in my eyes.

. . . Then I would do it.

It was always been my destiny to kill Eshan, not to fall in love with him.